Chapter Eighteen - Unfortunate Veracity

I made a polyvore outfit for Cerise's airport arrival, because I think that it's somewhat important to her character development/change :) That can be found here: http://www.polyvore.com/cerise_at_airport/set?id=52848972

(Or simply on my polyvore page: chippygirl.polyvore.com )

I would also just like to thank everyone who has been reading, reviewing, and voting! It means the absolute world to me and I never want to disappoint any of you! 

So thank you, thank you, thank you! xoxo

__________________________________________________________________

            England was a strong testament to how different the world outside of Georgia was. It was small, dark, and wet—but irrevocably unique; rich in history and quirkiness. She loved it wholeheartedly the second she stepped into the greeting area, where she caught her first glimpse in a month of Harry.

            They were well aware of the people that were starting to recognize him, so she was only graced with a friendly hug and his athletically hefty arm around her shoulders as they walked together, talking animatedly. His bodyguards made sure that no-one disturbed them. Suffice to say, the increasing number of fans were disappointed—but one could not have guessed this by the way that they still screamed his name so admiringly.

            They rushed to the car, where the windows were so tinted that no-one could see in, no matter how hard they tried.

            The second his lips pressed against hers, the guilt that had so heavily plagued her dissipated in a second. All that was left was a tingling euphoria; a reminder that he loved her as desperately as she loved him.

            “I can’t wait for you to meet them,” he chatted on eagerly in the car.

            “I can’t either,” she agreed, leaning in to kiss him once more. His lips boasted a taste the sweetest wine in the world couldn’t argue with; and she was daring enough to flick her tongue against his bottom one. The surprised look on his face caused her to burst into a fit of giggles, leaning her head against his shoulder; her messily wavy hair tumbling over them both.

            It was dark outside when they arrived in Harry’s stylish apartment. Louis was staying over that night, because he had been briefed on the fact that there was to be no hanky-panky going on.

            Louis greeted Cerise with a warm hello and embrace; feeling need to atone for his earlier assumptions and loving the smile that Harry shot him in approval. The lovers retired to Harry’s bedroom without a moment to waste.

            “Want to watch some telly?” Harry suggested after they had both changed into their pajamas (Cerise allowed him to go shirtless at this point in their relationship). They settled into the covers and Cerise found herself marveling at how much more like Georgia this felt.

            “Sure,” Cerise agreed, happy that more time was bought before she had to tell him why she had really missed his calls.

            Harry flicked through the channels until a baby one came on with soothing background music. A round-faced, chubby baby popped on screen, with a toothless giggle and restless hands. A sharp pierce electrocuted Cerise’s heart, and she froze for a moment; but said nothing of it.

            “Aw!” Harry gushed as one of the babies waved its arms gaily and giggled. Harry laughed with such unmitigated purity that it made Cerise’s heart hurt even more—but again, she said nothing.