Dana

I walked into my new office. I finally got the job as an ad agent. I had always loved convincing people to do things for me. Playing with words, as my mother called it, was my talent. This was my dream. Working with one of the most prestigeous advertising companies was my goal since college.

Oh college! My college experience wasn't easy for me. All because of an arrogant guy named Justin Robinson. He made the competition a living hell. He never played fair. Dirty was his middle name. However, I won the first prize for a project and he barely made it the second. Ever since, it had been clear that our competition wouldn't stop at college. That was my new goal. To always be the best, and it wasn't just Justin but being better than everyone else was what would make my life worth it.

"Hello, Donna", I heard from the door.

"Hi," I replied, reaching for the hand extended infront of me, "it's Dana, not Donna." I said smiling.

"My appologies, I'm Rob," he said, squeezing my hand.

I wasn't exactly drop-dead gorgeous, but I was well aware how men looked at me. Just like Rob now. And I could tell he liked what he saw. For today, I chose to wear my black suit pants, and my red blouse, looking both professional and feminine. I put my brown hair on an up-do.

"Nice to meet you Rob."

Now Rob here was what women would call 'eye candy'. His hair was a nice mess. Brown eyes like hot chocolate. And it was obvious that he had a nice built underneath his shirt. Even with my high heels, he was still taller than me.

"How did you find your office?" he asked, crossing his arms and leaning casually against the door frame.

"Nice," I said, "very nice, it has a nice view." Pointing to the windows behind me.

Rob chuckled and said, "Good. Well boss wants to see you. I think there is another newbie and boss wants to choose who's going to get the sneakers' project."

A competition? I thought. Awesome. There was nothing better to make me feel alive other than competition.

"OK, thanks," I said cheerfully.

"Sure, see you around Dana." He winked and left for his office.

I really like this place.

I took my planner and headed to my boss' office with a new drive created by new challenges. I knocked on the door. I heard a "Come in!"

I just hope this 'newbie' is nothing like Justin Dirty Robinson. I thought as I opened the door.