Justin

"The Lord is testing me." I heard a familiar voice whispering from the door. I didn't think Mr Brown heard her since he was on the phone.

"Weren't you supposed to be in the other side of the country working for your father?" she whispered (or more like hissed).

Damn this girl does things to me.

I knew exactly how I affected this girl.

"That was one hell of a greeting, warrior," I said with a grin I knew that would drive her nuts.

How I knew this? Her face turned red everytime I teased her and her nose did this cute move. Like right now.

I saw her take a deep breath to calm down. Something she did around me very often.

"Look, we're not in college anymore," she hissed, "so stop fooling around. Did you follow me?"

I couldn't help but to smile.

"You are so full of yourself, Pocahantes," I whispered back, "I don't have to report to you."

Dana crossed her arms, took a step closer to me and looked like she was so ready to rip my throat out. She opened her mouth to speak but Mr Brown beat her.

"I take it you already introduced yourselves."

I stiffled a chuckle while Dana put on her perfect fake happy face.

"We actually know each other," Dana said at the same time as I said "we went to college together."

"Good then," Mr Brown said, gesturing to us to take a seat, "so you're familiar with the way of working."

"Of course," I said.

Dana simply smiled.

"So, skipping the introduction part," Mr Brown stated, "let's move on to the project. Now the main goal is to prepare a whole presentation for an ad for a sneakers' company. I choose the winner and he or she will present the final project to the CEO. Any questions?"

I shook my head and turned to look at Dana. She was in deep concentration and taking notes. And she asked, "Deadline?"

"You've got two weeks and all you the info you need is sent to your email addresses."

"OK," she said smiling. She then turned her smile into a scorching glare and sent it to me.

This always made me smile. Ever since college, Dana had a special effect on me that I cannot explain. Or to be honest, I chose to ignore it.

"Well I have a meeting in few minutes," Mr Brown said, "if you don't have anymore questions, you're dismissed. Play fair, kids."

Dana made a noise that sounded like a chuckle and a sigh. I just remained silent.

We headed for the door and held the door for her.

"After you, princess." I said using my charming voice.

As we stepped into a deserted hallway, she turned to me and pointed her finger poking my chest.

"Don't pretend to be a gentleman Justin Robinson-" she said my name like a curse, "-because I know the real you. I know that you play dirty. I won't expect less from you. Since I'm cursed to deal with you again."

"Oh, not cursed, warrior. This is going to be fun, just like old days."

She sighed and looked very desperate. And oh that sigh ... that weird feeling again.

She looked at me with those emerald eyes and I swear I saw pleading in them.

Focus Robinson! She's a threat. I kept telling myself.

I kept the grin on my face. She gave up, sighed, and I watched her leave muttering, "whatever."

"We are going to have so much fun," I said to an empty hall.