Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Iris Parker

I stared dumbfounded as the black Lambo sped away. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in attempt to calm my nerves.

'They're going to be fine, Iris. They're going to be perfectly fine.' I repeated like a mantra, playing with my hands. Liam, Ezra and Mace were on their way to the people who kidnapped Jace. I stared onto the ceiling as I recalled what happened literally just a few minutes ago.

"We're on our way to Jace." Liam said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"The people who took Jace are known as Aquile Neres, a really lame mafia group with a really corny name." Mace said mockingly as he said Aquile Neres which earned him a punch from Ezra.

"It is not a lame name. It's simply... old-fashioned." Ezra defended as Mace rolled his eyes in response.

"Wh-what? Have you let the police know?" I asked, which probably was a stupid question because the two stopped arguing and Liam stopped trying to calm them down and they all looked at me incredulously. "Okay, okay, I get it. No police." I said as my eyes shifted nervously into Liam's.

Ezra suddenly grabbed Mace by the arm and led him to the door.

"We'll start the car." Ezra said. Mace gave a disgusted look to his friend and was about to say something when Ezra put his hand into Mace's mouth and dragging him out of the house, leaving Liam and I alone.

"Sorry about them." he started. I smiled, but that quickly disappeared.

"W-will you guys be fine? What if you guys get hurt? I mean-- you guys are practically going up against a gang. Are you guys bringing anyone else with you? Do you want me to co--" I stopped talking when Liam smiled. "What? What are you smiling for?" My heart leaped when he walked toward me, still wearing that irritating smile of his.

"Nothing. We'll be fine. And don't worry. We'll bring Jace back. " As he said those, he fixed the loose strands of my hair into the back of my ear. He leaned in and I swear, my heart has never beaten so loud for so long now. "I promise." he said before pulling away. Dumbfounded, I nodded slowly as he started walking away.

I sighed and let myself sink into the sofa. I prayed silently that they would be safe, that they would bring Jace back safely and that maybe... maybe we can be a normal family, but I found myself shaking that thought away quickly.

No, I have to let go of these kind of thoughts, I shouldn't even think about this possibility because they're never gonna happen. As much as I want it to, life has a cruel way of teaching us all of our lessons.

I decided to go up where Jamie and Jacob were sleeping. However, they weren't sleeping. They were standing on the couch staring out the window, clearly arguing.

"No, Daddy went to get Jace!" Jacob argued.

"No, Daddy's gonna give the man the key!" Jamie fought back. They bantered for quite a while until they noticed me behind them.

"M-mommy!" they screamed in unison.

I smiled and sat in the middle of them, encircling my arms on their shoulders.

"Don't worry too much, okay. Daddy will get Jace and return safely.

Yeah... Definitely...

—————————————

A/N :

Hey y'all! I know, I know. I haven't posted in an awfully long time, BUT! I have good reasons and I have good news as a peace offering.

1. I had a writer's block for sooo long, I actually forgot how the story was supposed to go. So I took my time to think over it again.
2. Finishing my hs. (That should be a good reason right?)
3. A very busy summer (you gotta enjoy too right?)

Sooooo those are my three reasons for not updating. Now for the good news...

*drum roll*

YES! You guessed it right! I will continue the story and try my best to finish it as fast as I can.

AND

I'm writing a new story called "Perfectly Imperfect". I will publish its character introduction and synopsis soooo pleasseee do check it out and just comment if you're interested in reading it.

I miss and love y'all and thankksss for supporting this rocky story!!!!

💕💕💕