Six - CALLIE

October 2014

"Aya, if you don't slow down on those things you're going to get sick," Callie warned from her bathroom.

"It's peanut butter inside an M&M. It's bloody fucking genius," he replied, popping several of the candies into his mouth.

Callie rolled her eyes as she applied eyeliner to her lash line. "You're gonna crash later on."

"Leave the poor boy alone," Meredith said from the kitchen area. "It's his first Halloween here in the States. He can do whatever he likes."

"It's his third, actually," Callie corrected her.

"Look, I don't care. We don't do Halloween in Scotland like you guys do here. We certainly don't have these awesome sweets," Aya said. "It's one fucking night. Tomorrow I'm back to bland-ass fish and broccoli. Let me live, Callie," he added dramatically.

Callie burst into laughter. "Fine. If you must."

"When are we meeting up with Shannon?" Meredith asked.

"Around eight. I told him to meet us at Avalon," Callie answered, coming out of the bathroom.

"Fuck me up the ass eight ways, Cal. Oh my God!" Aya exclaimed. The sugar was starting to kick in. "You look fucking fabulous."

Callie was dressed up like a sexy nurse, complete with white extreme mini dress, stethoscope, and black thigh-high stiletto boots. Her hair had been blown out smooth and then rolled in hot rollers for gentle, beachy waves.

"Turn down the gayness by about five, Aya," Meredith remarked.

He smiled and stuck his tongue out at her. It was bright green. "So, can you explain to me again why you and Shannon aren't fucking?" he asked, looking at Callie.

Meredith sat on the back of the sofa. "Seriously, why not? The dude's hot for a guy in his forties. I'd do him in a heartbeat."

"If I was gay, I'd second that," Aya said, leaning his head back over the couch to look at her. "Hell, I'd still do it even though I'm straight."

Callie sighed. "Because he's just a friend," she replied. "I don't have the time or patience for a relationship right now."

"What the fuck are you talking about a relationship for?" Aya asked. "You don't need to be in a relationship to bone a dude."

"I don't do casual sex," Callie said. "You know that."

"Girl, you better find somebody because I'm starting to think you've got some cobwebs up in that vag," he answered. "Like, I'm seriously concerned with your gynecological health at this point."

Callie rolled her eyes and swatted the top of his head with her black clutch. "Stop talking about my gynecological health. It's creepy."

"Somebody needs to worry about your cooch. You sure as fuck aren't," he replied with a shrug.

She sighed as he and Meredith burst into laughter. "Is that what you're wearing?" she asked Aya.

He was shirtless and a blue and green tartan kilt was slung low across his hips. Several tattoos were visible on his chiseled back and on his muscular arms. Argyle socks ran up his legs to his knees and his hair was pulled up into a bun on top of his head.

"You guys just have to paint me blue," he said.

"Is it really a costume if this is your normal attire?" Meredith asked.

"Oy - cut it, you," he said. "This is my ancestors' official war outfit," he added proudly.

"I don't think that's what they called it, Aya," Callie said. "I think you're missing a few pieces to the outfit anyways. You don't look war-ready in that thing.