-Chapter Seventeen-

Percy Jackson

Percy was trying his best to not laugh while he was listening to Nico and Will talk, well more like 'argue but in a worried way' kind of talk. Percy had his arm wrapped around Annabeth's shoulder while Peter stood to his side.

"Hey, guys," Percy looked up to see Steve speaking to him, Bucky stood close to his side. Percy hummed in response. 

"I know, we did not meet under the best circumstances, but I'm glad we did. It's nice to know others are out there fighting for what they believe is right." Steve said with a glint in his eye, Percy nodded before he took reached his hand out to shake. Annabeth frowned but said nothing. Percy made a mental note to ask her what was wrong when they were once again alone.

"Hey...um, Percy?" Percy looked to his left to see Peter who looked uncomfortable. Percy frowned, he knew Peter from school. He helped the kid a few times if he remembered right. From what Percy knew of him, Peter was a good kid. 

"Yeah, Peter?" Percy raised his eyebrows as he waited for Peter to speak when suddenly a loud crash was heard.

All eyes flew to where Nico was sitting with Will, he had accidentally kicked Wills medical bag on the floor. Which knocked everything out. Percy jumped forward to help Will pick it up, Annabeth followed but not before she whispered in Percy's ear.

"They aren't acting right...it's unnerving." Percy casually looked around after Annabeth said this. 

He made sure to keep his face causal while his eyes searched for what Annabeth was referring to. His eyes landed on five people. Steve. Bruce. Peter. Sam. Rhodey.
"Those five," Percy whispered back as he casually handed Will an empty syringe and stethoscope. Who grumbled as he placed them back in the right compartments.

"Yup. Do you see what I'm saying?" Annabeth and Percy remained casually as they continued to fake fumble with the equipment to prolong their window of time. 

"Peter is all jittery. Steve is stiffer than usual and seems more talkative. Also, Bucky is looking at him strangely, which shows he is acting weird." 

"Or he's got a crush, but anyway who else?" Annabeth 'accidentally' pushed a pen under a table and proceeded to 'accidentally' bump her head on it and knock that stuff over. All before she insisted she picked it up seeing as it was her fault. Oh, how Percy loved his wise girl and her clever tactics. 

"Bruce is in general weird, but look how fidgety and anxious he looks....my other two people are Sam and Rhodey. Sam keeps glaring at us, which is weird because he definitely seemed to like us yesterday. While Rhodey seems as if he is still not completely comfortable on the leg stabilizers or whatever." Percy finished speaking as he handed Will the last tool and Annabeth placed the tray back on the table. She smirked which told Percy he was completely right.
The two had a long-standing tradition of when they felt or saw something unusual they would play a small game to see if the other could catch it. While it was a game it was also a training exercise to help them remain watchful. 

"What do we do now?" Percy asked as he rubbed his nose before making his way back to his spot where he stood earlier. Annabeth shrugged before curling herself under Percy's arm.
"Three options. Run. Confront. Gather intel." She said before smiling at a suspicious glance Nico sent the twos way.

"We can't leave if it's possibly one of our kind of monsters." Percy looked down at Annabeth who looked up with her usual expression. Cool and calculated, as if she knew everything. A look Percy had long ago fallen in love with.

"We also can't confront in case we turn out to be wrong, besides they don't know we are onto them." Annabeth smiled as she placed a kiss on Percy's cheek. He smiled back before speaking quietly. As if he did have something to say but only Annabeth need or could hear it.
"Intel it is then." She nodded seeming satisfied with the conclusion they had come up with.
"Also, o think we need to take Peter off the list. He more seems like he is scared to tell us something rather than plotting against us." Annabeth whispered as she pressed the top of her head under Percy's chin. He simply adjusted accordingly and sat still.

His eyes lazily dragged across the room before slowly, especially on Peter. Now that Percy really looked at him, he could see how Peter kept mumbling as if he were rehearsing. As well as he kept rubbing his hands against his pants. Which was a clear sign to Percy for sweaty palms.
"Your right. He's clean." Percy nodded gently, Annabeth hummed.

"Do we have any clue what it is we are spying on or hunting?" Annabeth asked with an amused giggle which Percy copied. 

"Not a clue, was hoping you would?" He smiled while he dragged his fingers lazily up and down her shoulder. 

"Lucky for you, I do have an idea." Percy's lip upturned at that, he knew she would.

-I apologize for this crap-tacular chapter! As well as my disappearance. You can blame school.
 Also, this story is about done. Unless you have any specific requests that you'd like to see me do? If so please comment, or DM me! I love hearing all your ideas!

And finally I must say goodbye! So...
BYE!-

(PS. I apologized for any mistakes that are in this chapter, I had to write it on my phone because wattpad refused to work correctly on my laptop at the moment. So you can also blame my disappearance on that!)