Chapter 4

⬆️ her dress for the ball!! ⬆️

Natalia's POV

After Alan has dropped me off at my room which was right next to his, I noticed that I had only about five hours left til the ball. I immediately began preparing.

I walked into the bathroom and went through my routine of scrubbing my body with strawberry scented products as well as washing my long hair thoroughly with my favourite shampoo. I know I had already bathed before I left home but you can never be too clean. I also remembered to shave the needed areas and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and my hair was also held up in another towel.

I made my way to the walk in closet and put on black lacy underwear and would later put on breast pads since my dress would expose my back. I wrapped my towel around my body before I sat in front of the vanity and began putting on make-up. I wore a natural look with winged eyeliner and nude lipstick. I wore my blue mermaid dress and began curling my hair. I gathered my curls and placed them off to the front on one side so that my back was exposed as well as the back design of the dress.

I wore simple black heels and grabbed my purse from the vanity. I caught a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror behind the bedroom door and I must say, I looked good. Damn. How could anyone resist this bombshell right here? Ok I probably sound conceited but I'm just appreciating what I was born with. You gotta remember that self love goes a long way, ladies.

I glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table to see that I had exactly five minutes to spare before 8pm and the ball began. I caught Alan's scent just outside my door and smiled before I opened the door just as he was about to knock. "You know, you always do that." He stated with fake irritation but I just rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the compliment." I retorted before I began walking towards the direction of the pack house, oh I meant mansion. He laughed before he caught up to me. "But in all honesty," he whispered softly in my ear, "you are truly stunning, Nat." His arm encircled my waist and I smiled at him just as we entered the hallway which lead to the ballroom.

"Excuse me." A girl giggled as she rushed past us. Her face was flustered and her clothes were wrinkled as she tried to smooth it out while walking. As she passed us, I caught a different scent mixed with hers. It was addicting, the scent of pine and chocolate and masculinity. The scent of a male. The scent of my mate.

My wolf was excited and wanted us to find him. She kept chanting the word mate over and over again in my head and I was starting to get a headache. I pushed her to the back of my mind and looked after the blonde girl as she disappeared around the corner. I was suddenly filled with rage at the realisation that my mate had slept with someone else and who knows, how many girls he had slept with.

Alan seemed to sense the change in my mood and turned to me with a concerned look in his eyes. "Nat, are you Ok?" I looked at him with such intensity that he took a step back. I took a deep breath before releasing it. "She had the scent of my mate mixed with hers." I exclaimed angrily. "I haven't even met the son of a bitch and I'm already starting to hate him."

"But Nat, what happened to you not wanting a mate?" He cautiously asked. Realization hit me in the face and I remembered my outburst from this morning. I don't want a mate. I can't have a mate. My angered disappeared and all that was left was a small pang of pain in my chest but that's all. "You're right. I don't want a mate. I don't have the time or effort to spare. I guess I was just caught off guard when I caught a whiff of his scent. But that's not going to happen again." I exclaimed but I couldn't tell whether I was trying to convince Alan or myself.

"Nat, I know you think you can go against fate but you can't seriously think this will work." Alan tried to change my mind but it was no use. I had made up my mind. It would be safer for my mate to just reject me than to find out the ugly truth about me. "It has to work. I have spent two years trying to make it work and I won't let anyone, even my mate, stop me from achieving my goal."

I composed myself and placed a blank expression on my face. Alan sighed before he followed my lead and came to stand beside me. The guards opened the doors to the ballroom and I was impressed. The decorations were impeccable and the music was not boring. I began walking towards the different guests to make small talk with them. Some of the Lunas gave me envious looks but I made no noticeable reaction towards them. They really had nothing to worry about because anyone could see that their mates clearly had eyes for only them.

As for the unmated males, they seemed to stare at me with lust in their eyes. Always holding onto my hand longer than it was necessary. I could feel their eyes burning into my back but only smirked at the thought. After meeting everyone except Alpha Black, who was apparently late, people started dancing and it was the old classical kind of dancing and not the dirty uncivilized kind youths normally have in the clubs. Alan grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. "Nat, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." Alan pleaded as he spun me around and brought me back into his embrace. I sighed before a smile broke out on my cold exterior. "I know, Alan. I was just being my normal bitchy self and I took it out on you. None of it was you fault."

Alan smiled and his whole mood changed. We continued to dance to a few more songs before I went to grab a drink from the concession table. I placed the glass of champagne to my lips before I smelt the same addicting scent from before. I looked up and I saw him across the room.

His brown hair was styled messily and his eyes which were a dark shade of brown were partially obscured as he spoke to one of the Alphas. He looked devastatingly handsome in his black suit and my wolf was already conjuring up ideas of what he would look like without it. I mentally scolded my wolf and pushed her to the back of my mind. I needed to breathe. I grabbed my purse and my glass of champagne and made my way out the door and towards the garden.

On the way out, I could feel his eyes on me and it caused my body to tingle with excitement. When I reached the garden, I stood at the fountain and waited for him. A few seconds later, I heard his approaching footsteps and his divine scent reached my nose. I downed the glass of champagne with renewed determination and a smirk slowly formed on my face.

It's time to meet my mate.

_______________________________________

So excited for the next chapter and I hope you enjoyed this one. Comment your thoughts on it and don't forget to vote and follow while you're at it.

Isn't the dress just beautiful? I could totally envision her in it. And remember that just because she's going to a ball, it doesn't necessarily mean that her dress needs to be puffy and big and all cinderella-like. It's her choice to wear this dress because it's more of her style. (See what I did there? 😉 no? Whatever ).

Btw I've decided that Natalia Perez will be played by Courtney Eaton, who is drop dead gorgeous.

Look forward to the next chapter y'all.

~P