Chapter 9

Natalia's POV

"Why'd you leave him?"

"Weren't you listening?" I was seriously tired of having to explain my decision. Like, at least I didn't reject him!

"I was but I don't understand bullshit so you're gonna have to translate your excuse. And this time, apply common sense." My uncle Michael gave me a stern look to which I rolled my eyes. See this is why I'm such a sassy talker. I learnt from the best.

"Damn. And I thought you were sassy. Your uncle's on a whole new level girlfriend. You gotta step up your game." Kat chimed. I gave her a disapproving look to which she laughed. Seriously, this girl was like my soul sister. One fight and a car ride later and I feel like I've known her my whole life.

"Whatever. I'm giving this mate thing a chance and that should be enough. I don't know why you're all so stressed about this." I lamely replied. I was seriously tired from the trip and instead of letting me go to sleep, these people decided to grill me about Lucas.

"You do know that your heat cycle will start soon, right?" Jackson asked with an amused expression. I rolled my eyes as I made my way upstairs. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

After a long nap, I came downstairs to find that everyone was on their way to bed. Damn. Wasn't I asleep for only a few hours? How late was it? I glanced at my phone to see that the time was 11.02pm. What! Well a girl needs her beauty sleep.

I walked towards the kitchen where I found a container of pasta with my name on it. With a small smile, I placed in the microwave and devoured it as soon as it was ready. After washing my dishes, I sat back down on a kitchen stool and tried to think of what to do now.

Clubbing? My wolf suggested and I nodded my head in agreement. 

Perfect. But I think I'll go solo. I just need time to unwind and de-stress from all the new things happening in my life right now. Without the unnecessary input of others.

With renewed energy, I sauntered up the stairs and into my bedroom. Now, what to wear? I rummaged through my walk in closet before settling on a black body con dress with a bar front that hugged my curvaceous figure well. This one wasn't backless but it sure was sexy.

I wore black heels to match and applied light make up. I decided to leave my hair in its natural wavy state and grabbed my purse off my bedside table. I opened a drawer and pulled took out the keys to my Audi.

I got to the club in no time at all. I slowly pulled up to the front and got off. I threw the keys at the valet which he caught hastily. I walked past the long line of people that probably had been waiting for quite a while and made my way towards the bouncers. They slightly bowed their heads in respect before opening the doors for me.

I was immediately engulfed by the scent of sweat, booze and sex. A waiter escorted me to the VIP lounge where I made myself at home with a bottle of vodka. I took a couple of shots of my drink before I heard the song Chunky by Bruno Mars  come on. Oh, I have to dance to this. I downed at least half of the bottle before I got up and made my way to the crowded dance floor.

I started to dance as a guy made his way towards me. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Hmm... he's human. I gave him a seductive smile as I began grinding on him. He groaned and I began to feel his excitement. Oh this is too easy. I smiled wickedly to myself.

I pulled away suddenly which made him confused. I gave him one last smile and a wink before I flipped my hair and walked back towards the lounge. That was mean but it was so fun. I was almost back at the lounge when I caught a scent. He's here. 

I followed the scent which led me to a door at the back of the club. I softly opened the door to find myself in a dark alley. The darkness provided cover from human eyes but my scent and aura would be registered by any supernatural. I heard the ragged breathing of a man, a werewolf,  before a body was dropped at my feet. I knelt beside the victim and pressed two fingers to his neck. I heard a faint pulse and sighed in relief. I glanced at the punctured holes on the side of his neck and shook my head disapprovingly. 

"You know, you're lucky he's not from my pack. If he was, you'd have a raging Alpha on your tail." I stood up slowly before looking towards the shadows on my right. The place where the scent was the strongest.

"Well then I guess it's a good thing I don't have a tail." Came the snarky reply as a devastatingly handsome man stepped into the light.

"A good thing indeed. I guess you don't have to be a werewolf to be handsome." I replied with a smirk as my eyes roamed over his figure. His devious lips curled in a smile as he slowly made his way towards me.

"No, darling. We vampires are much more handsome than werewolves." He cockily replied as his arms snaked around my waist. I rolled my eyes before wrapping my arms around his neck. "And more romantic too." He whispered in my ear before kissing my neck.

My hands gripped the fabric of his shirt as he started trailing kisses along my neck. As always, his kisses brought out feelings which I preferred to hide away for the sake of my mate. My mate. Lucas.

My eyes snapped opened and I finally registered the voice of my wolf as she swore and cursed at my behaviour. I reluctantly pulled away from his embrace and confused blue eyes stared at me before realization flashed in his eyes.

"You found him. You found your mate." He stated in a cold tone as he dropped his arms to his side. "I'm sorry. I just-" I started but he cut me off. "No. We always knew this would happen one day. I just didn't think it would be this soon." 

"Adrian, don't be like this. Please." I softly pleaded as I grabbed his hand. "What do you expect me to do, love? Damn. I should have known better than to fall in love with you. A vampire and a werewolf, it seemed impossible but I wished and hoped that you'd be my second chance mate. Such a stupid wish." Adrian spat in anger and sadness.

"We can't end like this. I don't want us to." I sighed as I leaned my forehead against his. His body relaxed as his hand reached out and caressed my cheek softly. "Stay with me." He whispered against my lips. I opened my eyes to meet his pleading orbs of blue. "Adrian, I can't." I replied dejectedly. He smiled softly as he stared at my lips. "If not forever, then just for tonight. Please, love."

I reached out my hand and held his cheek. The light stubble on his jaw slightly pricked my fingers. My wolf was screaming at me to stop but I couldn't bring myself to do that. He's not my mate but Adrian is my first love, a secret which I hid from the rest of the world. I didn't want love  because I already had Adrian's. But now I have a mate who I'm suppose to love for the rest of my life without a choice. Could I still fall for Lucas even if it wasn't for the matebond? That is if I haven't already fallen for him.

I stared at Adrian with a smile. The vampire stranger who stole my heart when I was sixteen. He helped me after I lost my family. He loved me and taught me how to love myself, to never fear anyone but myself and to always believe that everything happens for a reason. He has always been there for me. I want to be there for him. At least for tonight.

"Just for tonight. I'll stay." I whispered and his eyes lit up with joy.  He laughed with happiness before crashing his lips against mine.

Just for tonight.

_______________________________________

Ooh... scandalous.

Hey guys! I know it's been forever since I last updated and I'm sorry.

I'm not good with updating schedules and tend to update only when I get an idea or inspiration.

Anyway... you guys like this chapter? How bout the new character, Adrian? Btw, he's played by Ian Somerhalder.
*cough* hottie *cough* 

So tell me your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote and follow while you're at it. 

Till next time lovelies
~P

P.s. Check out my new werewolf book called 'First Bite' . It's on my profile and you guys will love it.