PART TWO

Eddie's head snaps towards the door at the sound of a loud knock. She carefully gets up gun poised and ready to fire.

"Who is it?" Eddie calls cautiously pressing her back against her door.

"It's Jamie." The person calls from the other side of the door. Eddie looks through the peephole to make sure it really is Jamie. Eddie let's a long breath out before swinging the door open to let her partner in. Jamie charges right on in glancing around the apartment quickly assessing the situation. "Are you okay?" Jamie asks, after he realizes there is no immediate threat.

"I'm fine." Eddie replies, Jamie glances down at the gun in Eddie's hand. "In case the freak who dropped the package off comes back." Eddie tells him. She unloads the gun and sets it down on the coffee table.

"Where is it?" Jamie asks looking around. Eddie motions for Jamie to follow her and they both enter the kitchen together.

"It's right there." Eddie points to the opened box on the counter. Jamie takes his jacket off and rolls up his sleeves. He peels back the flaps of the box looking down at its contents. Eddie watches Jamie's face as he examines the knife, face scrunched up in thought. "It came with this picture." Eddie maneuvers around Jamie and picks up the picture that had been in the box. She hands it off to him, it was only then the Eddie notices how shaky her hands actually were.

"Wait this is what you were wearing yesterday?" Jamie notes looking up from the picture. Eddie nods in confirmation.

"When I left the precinct, I felt like someone was watching me." Eddie admits, looking down at the picture Jamie had in his hand.

"Why didn't you say anything to me?" Jamie raises his voice angrily at Eddie.

"I didn't really think it was worth mentioning." Eddie tells him. "But hey I called you when the bloody knifed showed up at my door." Eddie jokes trying to lighten the mood. Jamie frowns down at her.

"I called Danny." Jamie says putting the picture back down on the counter. "He and Baez are on their way over." He continues, leaving the kitchen.

"This isn't their jurisdiction." Eddie points out, trailing behind Jamie.

"I think it might have something to do with the bombing yesterday." Jamie voices, he stops walking and turns around to face Eddie. Eddie sighs, he did have a good point. "They should be here soon." Jamie adds. "Where is Georgia?" Jamie questions looking around.

"Oh crap!" Eddie rushes over to her bedroom and knocks on the door. "Georgia, open the door." She calls, she hears a click and the door swings open. Georgia looked extremely nervous. "It's okay you can come out now." Eddie tells her waving her out of the bedroom. Just as Georgia exits the bedroom there is a knock at the door. Jamie and Eddie both draw their weapons, telling Georgia to get back. They carefully approach the door, Jamie peeks through the peephole.

"It's Danny." Jamie announces and everyone breathes out a sigh of relief. Jamie yanks the door open, Baez and Danny walk in, pulling on latex gloves as they enter.

"Where is it?" Maria asks, stopping in front of Eddie. Eddie points to the box in the kitchen. Danny reaches the box first, Baez following closely behind him. Danny carefully picks up the bloody knife, examining it closely. He turns to Maria, the knife still in his hands, and whispers something to her. She pulls a test tube out of her pocket. She pulls a cotton swab out of it, and carefully swabs the bloody knife. She closes up the tube and puts it on the counter.

"This was just left at your front door?" Danny asks turning to Eddie.

"There was a knock at the door, when I opened the door no one was there and that was on my doormat." Eddie points at the box.