chapter 24

Months passed, neither Jungkook nor Taehyung tried to contact the other. Taehyung didn't because he was blocked and Jungkook really didn't want to.

Taehyung low key obeyed Jungkook and got to know Hyuna. She's nice and beautiful. She's full of talents and very lovable, just like Jungkook said.

But her and Taehyung weren't meant to be with each other. Taehyung watched Jungkook from far away, how he seemed to get closer to Jimin every second. Taehyung always panicked a little.

He wanted to talk to Jungkook but Jungkook always ran away or hid. Since Taehyung said that the toilets aren't a good hiding place, he never thought of it again.

Taehyung, of course, searched at the toilets but was repeatedly disappointed. Jungkook never was there. One day, Taehyung just gave up on Jungkook.

He didn't try to catch his eyes, didn't try to find him, didn't try to talk to him, didn't try messaging him, didn't try to get Jungkook's attention.

He didn't try.

Anymore.

Jungkook noticed it. It was his goal. But why did it feel so wrong? Why did he feel so lonely? He's with Jimin everyday.

A true friend.

But why does he feel lonely? Why?

On Taehyung's side, it wasn't any different. He had several friends with whom he spent his time. But it's like there's nobody.

He's alone.

He doesn't understand.

Until he talked to a teacher, who noticed Taehyung's downphase. Taehyung had nothing to lose, so he told her everything that happened.

It took a lot of time to explain everything but she listened carefully, even took notes. It was Misses Choi, most likely the nicest teacher in earth.

After Taehyung finished explaining, the teacher smiled at him. She took her glasses off and looked straight into Taehyung's eyes.

"Why you're feeling lonely without Jungkook, although all your friends are by your side?" Misses Choi started. "A simple answer, Taehyung."

"You're in love."

I'm in love? Huh?