Outside Realm Prep.

First of all, I'm so sorry for such a late upload!! I should be uploading faster (if I can get off my lazy ass). :)

The techno later in the chapter is like the technology in Ironman's (Tony Stark's) lab. :) I just made a random name up for it.

Cover the side is by SwaggedDly_Beautiful! :) 

________________________

Chapter Six

Outside Realm Prep.

“But better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.” – Khaled Hosseini

I tensed my back up as the slush, composed of mainly sugar, slid down my hair and into my shirt. Contradictory to the liquidized treat being impeccably icy, my temper flared so drastically that the little coffee still balanced on my head must have become fifty degrees hotter at the least.

Opening my jaw wide and twisting it with annoyance, I turned around to face him and finally shut it. "Damen..." I was so outraged that I could barely utter simple words.

"Yes, Arella?" he asked with a mocking innocence ringing in his voice which made me all the more indignant.

"You little-" I started my avalanche of rueful cussing, but he cut me off.

"You better clean up before Betsy comes out to check on us. Wouldn't want to get in trouble now, would you?"

I was on the brink of lashing out when Ophelia pushed my arms to my sides and said reasonably, "He's right, Arie. Let's get you cleaned up."

Consuming enough air to make my chest puff up, I let it out through my mouth slowly, metaphorically thinking of the breath as my anger leaving my system. I shouldn't even be so furious. I had done the same to Panties and had expected of the same nature back. It's just...he makes me so mad, and I don't even know why.

"C'mon, Arie," Ophelia took my hand and led me to the locker room, simultaneously picking up a wet towel. "I don't really think that one towel will be enough," Ophelia muses as she wipes the sticky drink from my clothes once we're in the locker room.

"I should've known that he would strike when I would least expect it," I groaned and hit my head against the bland gray lockers.

"You know, you may say you strongly dislike-"

"Hate," I interfered, replacing her choice of words, already knowing who she was talking about.

"Yeah, may strongly dislike Damen, you guys flirt like crazy!" Ophelia exclaimed, contradicting herself in the same sentence. She giggled like the lunatic she is, lunatic because she thinks Damen and I flirt. To flirt, you have to be mildly interested in said person. Needless to say, I do not like him in any way.

"Ophelia, I do not flirt with him. I hate him. He's an asshole." I tried to make my voice more loud and affirmative so persuading her would be a less-tiring act.

"Arie, we both know that you don't hate him. C'mon, you admitted that you find him attractive. Just imagine kissing that sexy beast." she sighed dreamily. "Sexy beast" seems to have become her nickname for him.

I inspected my nails, not wanting to lie to her. Yes, I was attracted to him, which was the most bizarre and weirdest thing to me, but it was only a tiny, little, barely present bit.

"Haven't you ever heard of the 'jerk theory'? If a guy's mean to you, he's totally into you!" she yelped, light gray eyes reflecting my navy blue shirt as her dark brown curls bounced happily around her.

I spluttered and choked on nothing in particular for a moment, retaliating as soon as I got my breath back. "We're not in kindergarten anymore, Ophelia. Besides, if that's true, then Van's into you, too. I saw the glares and trips," I say, having actually seen the said gestures performed by the both of them.