11 || November 23rd, 2017

Aurora || Parker

"Hello, Parker."

"Humans are insignificant specks of dust in this universe."

"I--what?"

"We come and go, and nothing changes. I mean, yes, we're fucking up the planet, but millions of years pass and we ... we're not a part of it."

"..."

"And all for what? Each of our lives seem so big, so long, and everyone has goals and dreams....it doesn't matter if we're all going to die."

"..."

"Maybe...that's why committing suicide isn't such a big deal to me..."

"Don't you dare."

"Sorry.....but think about it. It's even crazier when we think of people. We evolved from simple creatures, but our species is so unimaginably complex."

"We're fucking amazing, Aurora. You and I? We're walking miracles. We're more than flesh and bone, we have organs we've never seen and a brain that we don't even understand but we live with."

"Don't you see? It doesn't matter what we do! Life is actually too damn short to worry about anything! We have no purpose, no rational goal on this planet."

"I'm seriously questioning everything I know about life right now..."

"When you think about it, how the hell did the universe form anyway?"

"I mean, it couldn't have just started from nothing, but at the same time, it couldn't have just popped up out of nowhere. Agh, just thinking about it makes my brain hurt."

"And here we are, spending years trying to learn about ourselves and our universe, when in the end the sun will explode and kill everything."

"Parker...are you alright?"

"Honestly? No. I'm in so deep I'm not depressed, I'm laughing, Im hysterically laughing."

"Parker..."

"Holy shit. I've reached the end of what my brain can take. My brain is developing cracks, Aurora Glass. I am losing my god damn mind."

"...How do I help? You're...scaring me."

"I honestly think it's too late for me."