Chapter 29: Chocolate chip ice cream

I have never thought picking an outfit would be as difficult as pointing a gun at a target, with my eyes closed. I have no sense of style what so ever. I can barely identify a blouse from a t-shirt, and that for me, is enough.

But luckily, the person I will go on a date with, apparently knows what people should wear. He laid out for me a complete outfit, from head to toe. He just winked before sprinting out of my room, giggling softly. 

I should've never agreed to this...

I put the clothes on, and to my surprise, they fit perfectly. These clothes make my body look its prettiest. Navy blue ripped skinny jeans, with sporty tennis, and very comfortable white shirt, with small black details on the edges.

I walk down the stairs, with a strange feeling on my stomach, one similar from what I felt when the 'doctors' got close to me with different sizes of syringes. But I wouldn't call it fear. 

He is waiting for me, outside of the house. I can see his silhouette standing eagerly through the windows. We made sure that no one was home before heading out. So that no one will notice us gone, since after all, today is their free day.

I open the large entrance door, and he turned abruptly, a smile instantly lighting up his face, and mine. 

"You look..."

"You look..."

We found ourselves saying at the same time. He looked good, to say the least. You can tell he put a lot of thought into what he is wearing now. A thin button shirt, with a long black coat on top, and black jeans. 

We laughed at the expression mirroring on our faces, both our cheks slightly red, and our eyes wide, taking us in, before heading to... wait.

"Where are we going?" I ask, just realizing I have no idea where we are going. He shrugged, and started walking.

"Why aren't we taking the car? Is it close?-"

"You ask many questions." I rolled my eyes and catch up to him, and slow my pace once we are walking side by side.

"Just wait, you will see." He said, and with an eyebrow raised up into the sky, I walk with my sight on the horizon.

Just to feel a warm hand suddenly holding my empty, cold one. 

~.~.~.~.~

"An... amusement park?"

"Yes! Isn't it the best?! I want to ride that roller coaster over there! Wait, first this one!" To say he is excited, is an understatement. With his hand still holding mine, we ran to the first attraction he pointed at. 

He dragged me the entire five hours we spend ridding enormous roller coasters, playing games, and eating candy. I couldn't help but smile every time he turned to look at me, making sure I was having as much fun as he, clearly, did. 

And I did too, except the two times I had to throw up on the nearest trash can, while he patted my back. And still, I can say I was having fun, only realizing that roller coasters are not really my thing.

"There! Now, this is what I am talking about." I pointed to a large shooting game, and decided to test my aiming skills, and in the process, win a giant teddy bear. 

This time I dragged him to the game.

"Two please." I say to the young man who owns the stall. With just hardly a glance at us, he handed both me and Taehyung a gun, one for each. My heart stopped for just a second, thinking he looked through the masks over our mouths and noses we were wearing and recognized V. Luckily, he just nodded when we could start, and went on talking over the cell phone, not paying any attention to us.

Good.

"Let's see what you've got." With that being said, V started shotting at the small houses on the afar, moving rapidly. With a smirk on, I did the same.

The only difference between our competitive selves, is that I actually can shot. 

The little houses in front of me started going down one by one, V's, on the other hand...

Let's just say he prefers riding a roller coaster.

The game ended, and I release a victorious breath, and tried not to laugh at all the little houses laying in front of V, still standing, as if not even air were around.

"I know you are laughing..." I started chuckling seeing his embarrassed face even beneath the mask. 

"I didn't laugh when you threw up..." My laughter died down, and his eyes smiled at me, now I being the one who is embarrassed.

The man of the stall, previously holding the cell phone, now stood completely still, looking at all the targets down.

"T-those weren't supposed to... W-what..." He pointed at the little houses, and then at me. 

"H-here." He handed me the teddy bear, and just like that we backed away from the shocked man.

"I was closing my eyes, I let you win." He said, with his hand on his pockets, looking at me indifferently.

"Yeah sure, that's not what this teddy bear says." I smiled and we sat on an empty bench.

"Here, for you." I gave him the teddy bear.

"I don't want that." He said. 

"It's for you to remember how I won today." He looked at me, and I at him, and after rolling his eyes, he accepted.

"One day, I will win something for you." He said, with such determination the feeling on my stomach came again, caughting me off guard.

"I-I will get us some ice cream."

"I want one with chocolate chips!" He said/screamed as I walked away, realizing that a smile has never left me since I felt him hold my hand.

The sun was almost setting, the beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow abound the sky in such a soothing way. I see the ice cream van a few feet away, and smile at the thought of chocolate chips all over V's face. 

But there is a shadow, and an eerie silhouette behind the van, urging, telling me to come. The chatter from the park was slowly dying down as I get closer to the cold silence, to the dark thing luring me away from people.

And when the last rays of sun were gone, was when it hit me.

It literally did, because the back of my head was so violently hit, and a acid liquid spreads from my neck, to my entire body. 

I can't move, I can't see, I can't hear.

And as my consciousness fades away, so does the thought of V, eating his chocolate chip ice cream, with a smile on his face. 

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

I can officially say that I am on vacations!

No more school, no more homeworks, no more exams for almost 3 months!

You know what that means? Faster updates!

What do you think just happened to Ae Ri? Who did it? What will V do?

Please remember to Vote! It means the world to me:D

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.