CHAPTER 16

can we get some love for hitaeth for my amazing new covers?

vote and comment darls

read my completed story 'baby steps' on my profile!

  "Nice to see you show up," his cocky voice had spoken with amusement as he comfortably sat across of me with a devil-of-a-smile on his face

  "Nice to see you show up," his cocky voice had spoken with amusement as he comfortably sat across of me with a devil-of-a-smile on his face. My insides curled. I bared my teeth at him.

   "Don't think this will be a regular thing," I had managed to say through clenched teeth. In the corner of my eye, I saw my mother wave cheekily at me before dashing around the corner. I was feeling so many different things and I wanted to scream out my anger, rip someone's throat out or take a long run away from this place. I didn't want to be here. But alas, anything that would make her happy and to keep my role as future Alpha and protector of the pack. Anything to protect the pack.

   "Hopefully this won't be, however, I do particularly find amusement in your current state, I find this predicament fascinating," he drawled, a contently annoying sigh escaped his lips as he laid back on his chair and sipped whatever he was drinking.

     "Good to know you're finding something funny about what is happening, I'm only doing this for my mother, if she says it's going to benefit something then I will have to oblige," I hissed out as my fists clenched into a ball. 

    "It's obvious that she's threatening your future title, I mean look at you, Alpha's daughter, future heir. You wouldn't even come a few feet near me after the first day because you want to protect this silly pack, but here you are and I have a few reasons why that might be," the rogue replied and a small smile rested on his lips.

   Keep your cool Armelle, don't break, don't break, you're strong.

    "Enlighten me, I seem to have forgotten that you're the all-knowing rogue," I responded coolly, my demeanour changing from angry to cool in a matter of seconds that it had seemed surprised the male in front of me.

     "You're the future Alpha, you want it, you're the future protector of this pack and now it is all being threatened because of your mother, or Luna who wants to look out of you. Knowing that you may die from being away from the bond and rejecting it, you need to stay strong, or else your version of strong. So your mother insists you visit and your adamantly follow her wishes in order to satisfy her. But this is also your advantage, you need information, you need me and here we are Armelle, sitting together, drinking tea and getting to know one another, even if you don't like it," he replied smartly, a smug expression written all over his face as he settled his tea on the coaster. My right eye-twitched as I struggled to remain calm.