CHAPTER 32

a.n hi hi

pls comment and vote? i think you'll like this chapter, it will reveal a lot about their characters. i think i may have gone too fast with this chapter, pls let me know :/

dedicated to @White_Chrysanthemums because i feel like they've been following me for a long ass time, like since the blind alpha just started plus they r so sweet <3

don't forget to comment and vote bc i love seeing them all <3

-

Without a moment of hesitation, my hand curled around Arsen's arm and began to physically drag him out of the house. Ignoring the shivers that shot up my spine we exited the house in a flurry. 

"Uh, where are we going?" I heard him say as I took him around the house and towards the backyard where we had lunch. His footsteps quickly trailed behind me, trying to keep up before we ended up in the exact place we had first met in my home. Swiftly turning around, I looked at him straight in the eye. 

"What do you mean by 'they're targeting Alpha borns?'" I hissed, whilst ignoring the sensations that pooled in the pit of my stomach.

"I mean exactly what I said," he replied quickly. My mind swirled with more questions.

"So you mean the rogues are not trying to take over, they're trying to just kill Alphas?" I asked him, rubbing my temples softly. He shook his head.

"In a sense, the person in charge hates Alphas, so it is fuelled by that anger. But, all the rogues who have pledged allegiance are in it because they want to take down the pack system and take over," he confirmed. His words held truth and confidence in his statement, but looking into his eyes there was something else, something softer. I wanted to look away.

"You know the person in charge right?" I asked him as I felt another headache coming on. Goddess, I really need to get this checked. Arsen paused briefly, his body frozen as he stared down at me. He almost looked guilty as he stood in front of me, the moon shining behind him. 

The goddess was watching us.

"Yes, I know him," was his answer. He hesitated to reveal the next answer, looking as if he was in deep thought. The information was on the tip of his tongue. What Arsen could provide right here could be revolutionary, it could help us understand and defeat the rogues. But, by the look on his face, the information he held, was something he didn't want to reveal, maybe it was too personal for him to say. 

"And?" I pressed on, but immediately I regretted it, noticing the inner turmoil that sparked within his eyes as his gaze tore itself away from mine. This was very unlike him, I was expecting him to probably just shrug me off and say something like 'I'll tell you later,' but he's told me more in a few minutes than he has in the entire time I've met him. I felt bad for even trying to get it out of him. 

'I think you should just leave it," I felt my Wolf comment as she took in our mate's distressed expression. I contemplated it too as we stayed in our silence. As much as I wanted to hear what he could have said, something inside of me told me not to press on. If I wanted him to trust me, then I have to force myself to not extract everything at once. I could almost hear my mother tell me off as I told myself to leave it be. Whatever information he had to say, can be said later. For now, baby steps.

"You know what, tell me later. You've told me enough today," I managed to say, almost by force. But as I watched his shoulders relax and his face returned back to mine, I knew I made the right decision. For whatever reason Arsen had, I had to trust that he'd tell me later.