Chapter 1: A New School

A cool spring breeze blew through my window, gently pushing my strands of long black hair into the breeze as I ran my brush through their tangled swirls. My glare hovered into the lower half of the bathroom mirror, downcast, yet raised enough so to see my brush glide through my hair.

It had been a year since The Final Killing Game had ended. A year since I reemerged into what those around me called the "real" world.

The writers at Team Danganronpa, fearing public outcry, checked Shuichi, Himiko, and myself into remedial therapy to ensure we had not received traumatic shock from the events of the game.

There was one problem, though.

When did I emerge into this reality? I'd recently discovered after a hunting expedition with my father I had lost my talents as an assassin, yet I feel no different even after strict therapy.

The sound of my hairbrush grinding against my palm snapped me back into reality. I scanned my outfit in the mirror, adjusting my shirt bow and intricately tucked my shirt into my black skirt. Today was the day I would fully return to the real world. The start of a new semest--

Before I could even finish the thought, I felt my teeth clench themselves and my hands reflexively clung to one of my strands of hair. The thought of school terrified me, yet while the why seemed obvious, I couldn't piece it together within my clogged mind. Was it the fear of another killing game happening under my nose? Was it the lack of trust I still couldn't feel towards any person with worry they'd hurt me?

The answers to these questions seemed to stare into my blank eyes, invisible and unreachable yet so close. Whatever they were, they'd have to wait.

Mother knocked quietly on my door, signaling that my time in the bathroom was up. Quickly fumbling to put away the toiletries, I grabbed my school bag and walked outside to the car.

My parents were randomly selected from a group of submissions of older couples who failed to bear children. They seemed to have wanted Shuichi or Himiko over myself, though I don't really blame them. "Ultimate Detective." "Ultimate Magician." "Ultimate Assassin." Our 3 false names rang in my head as my pace towards the car slowed. People likely would hate us for our morbid curiosity.

At least they'd have use. An assassin without her blade or gun is just nothing.

Though... were we ever anything?

I let the thought bounce in my head as I arrived to the car, bag in tow. My "father" was smoking a large electronic cigar, holding it between his coiled lips, which were currently set in a large grin. He was a kind man to me. His eyes and look were genuine and his smile contrasted his seemingly gruff look. He had been the only person to genuinely welcome me after the end of the Final Killing Game. I just... couldn't accept him as my father. I don't even know who my real parents are, anymore. Did they die?

Did... they abandon me because of the Killing Game?

I stifled a choked sob as I entered the front passenger car door, forcing a smile to be plastered across my face. Father said good morning, grabbing my shoulder and lightly jerking me back and forth in forced anticipation.

"So, today's the big day, eh sport? Today marks your true return to normalcy. Haha!"

His laugh boomed throughout our small car. It was the laugh of a truly happy, nonchalant man who was happy to be alive. I was envious of him, I admit. While I was lost in thought again, my father revved the car engine and began the short drive to my new school. It was on the way to his work, so he'd said he'd take me every morning. He's always so thoughtful.

The high school I was attending was nothing special. Earlier in the week, we had toured during the regular spring break. It was alright, it looked nice but was just your run of the mill school.

I think that's what scared me the most. Normalcy.

Because that's what leads to a desire for the extreme.

A Clay Assassin: A Danganronpa After-Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें