Chapter 1

You weren't just a star to me, you were the whole damn sky. - John Green

Lyla

I quickly rushed down the stairs, hoping I wasn't TOO late. It was two hours pass the end of my shift.

Tyler must be so angry now.

We were supposed to meet for dinner at some fancy restaurant, about an hour ago.

It wasn't my fault that I was late. My stupid boss had decided to keep me extra late today because he heard I was gonna be going out on a date.

The little jerk was jealous. He had been trying to get into my panties from my first day here. Even though I had a boyfriend.

The nerve of some men.

I ran through the streets of the busy city, bumping into people with brutal force. I had my heels in my hand, there was no way I could run in heels.

I didn't have time to go home, take a shower or change.

My brown hair flew behind me, nearly blinding a few people.

Only a couple of blocks left and I'll be there.

My legs felt weak beneath me but I pushed them to move even faster.

You're probably thinking why I'm killing my self over some dinner date. Yeah sure, I could easily just reschedule it or make dinner my self.

In a way I really can't do that. Me and Tyler had been together from childhood days and from then I had always been forgetting our dates or special events.

I had the tendency to forget things and it was taking a serious toll on our relationship. Tyler had been so nice about it but it has become too big a problem to simply ignore now.

And since a few weeks ago, I've noticing that he's pulling away from me. I think he's tired of my stupid excuses.

I didn't want another date to go down the drain. Not again. Me and Ty hadn't been on a successful date in years. It always end up ruined. Mainly because I'm a cluzts. I always manage to mess up a perfectly fine date.

I could see the restaurant right before me.

I ran faster and crossed the big street in front of it. Nearly getting myself killed.

I stood before the huge building, panting heavily. Sweat dripping from my body. This is so not good.

I quickly wiped it away on my dress. Thank God it was black so you couldn't see a thing.

Lyla you are such an idiot. Don't you have a rag in your bag?

I reached for my shoulder to get my hand bag but only to find, its not there.

I look around dumbly. "What the fuck?" I asked, clueless.

You left it at the office. You left it at the office! What the heck is wrong with you?!

How do I forget my fucking handbag? This is a prime example of how bad my memory is.

I heave a heavy sigh and clean my face with my hands, hoping it was good enough.

I slipped on my black heels and straighten my dress. I ran my fingers through my hair. I looked ok enough.

I smiled and got ready to enter the fine establishment.

But as I took a step forward, I saw Ty coming out the doors, towards me. He looked up and stopped when he saw me.

I gave him a small smile and waved shyly.