Chapter 3

History is the events from the past. Your history is your roots. Never try to push it away, just embrace it. Whether good or bad. - My history teacher, Mrs Boyd.

Wes

I got up with a yawn. For a second I didn't remember where I was until I saw her clinging to my shirt.

Lyla was such a beautiful woman. Everything about her was beautiful.

Her brown hair that brushed against her back, her big sky blue eyes, her small straight nose that had a beauty mark on it, right in the center, her long lashes, her small pouty pink lips, her beautiful light brown skin.

Everything.

I smiled as she shifted on me in a more comfortable position.

We were sprawled out on her big couch. Apparently, we fell asleep while watching the movie. I gently pry my self loose from her iron grip.

When I finally got out, I tip toed to the kitchen and did a long stretch.

I ran my hands through my curly black hair and looked around.

Her house was nice. The kitchen was spacious and filled with appliances.  The living room was white with a flat screen tv, surround sound systems, couch, bean bag, a table, chairs and such.

The bathroom was sky blue with the normal bathroom things.

I could stay there forever though.

I shook the thought from my head. I couldn't do that. She was going through a lot and she didn't need me complicating things even more.

I was only here because she asked. Nothing more. And I'm ok with that.

I am fine with that.

I ran my hands over my face in frustration and went back to the  bathroom.

I didn't see a spare toothbrush so I just put some toothpaste on my tongue with a little water and gargle it a bit. Hopefully that was enough until I got home.

I went back to the kitchen and see that there was nothing there to cook. How was she surviving?

She looked so sad last night, barely saying a word. The breakup had really taken a toll on her.

I went to the phone and dialed the number for a popular breakfast place and made an order.

How the fuck can a man just up and leave his woman of 12 fucking years? That was like a marriage type relationship right there.

I wanted to punch the guy.

I can't believe I spent the night at a strangers house. Even though she doesn't feel like stranger. It's like I've known her my whole life. It was definitely odd and I can't explain this feeling but it's ok.

I was able to help someone in need last night and I was really happy about that. It made me feel good that instead of calling her friends over, she asked me.

It means, there's a possibility that she trusts me.

I sighed and went outside to wait for the breakfast. I didn't want the doorbell to wake Lyla up.

I scrolled through my phone quickly, looking for any important messages. I saw that my Mom wanted to know where I was. I quickly told her and turned off my phone

Ten minutes later, I see a man coming up to me. "Hi, are you Wes?" He greeted with a smile. I nodded and took the packages and paid him.

I went inside and set the food out on the table. I set out the pancakes and scrambled eggs and bacon. And poured out the orange juice in glasses.