8

Ophelia was sitting on the coffee table in the living room, talking with Klaus when they both suddenly heard Rebekah shouted as she entered the house, "Klaus!" She called out on the top of her longs, "Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Klaus sighed, rolling his eyes unamused. He lifted up his right index fingered as to say 'wait a moment' before he walked over to the pair of doors that lead into the foyer, "Enough with all the shouting." Klaus replied mockingly, "Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" He asked and Ophelia's eyes widened at his words.

  "They were very rude." Rebekah replied as if she were innocent, "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours?" She asked him sarcastically, "Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."

   "I do have friends. I have Marcel. And Ophelia, of course. Why don't you come out, love?" Klaus gestured for Ophelia to come out of the room, which she did. Rebekah's eyes widened as she saw the girl whom she used to have a frenemy relationship with, "Marcel and Ophelia. You remember them, don't you? Yes, of course you do. They fancies themselves the 'Queen and King of the Quarter' now, and they have these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment they come up with for you together."

  "I don't care about Marcel and Ophelia being together or their rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah questioned and Klaus glanced at Ophelia, who kept her mouth shut about the subject.

  "Perhaps he's on holiday..." Klaus trialed off, a grin on his face, "Or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I."

   Rebekah, who had gotten up to leave the room, turned back to Klaus and Ophelia, "I remember everything. I remember how the drunken fool of a governor hid away all of our vampire sins in exchange for gold. I remember the lavish parties the governor threw, as if to impress you. I remember finding a moment of affection with the governor's son, Emil. And I remember that even Elijah was happy."

New Orleans 1820,

Rebekah walked through a doorway into a room filled with people dressed in their finery for some sort of party at the Governor's home. They nod at Rebekah as she passed them.

Rebekah watched Klaus and Ophelia the room with two ladies that looked to be twins. She sighed, shaking her at them before she turned her attention to a young man, whom she kissed chastely.

Upstairs, Elijah kissed Celeste as she leaned against the wall with Elijah standing in front of her. Further down the hall, Klaus finished off the ladies he had left with earlier alongside Ophelia.

"Your brother. He's gone too far with Ophelia." Celeste told Elijah, gesturing over to Klaus and Ophelia.

Elijah turned his head to see what Celeste was talking about. After Klaus had finished feeding on the two girls, he turned to face Ophelia, who sat next to him. Klaus had blood dripping down his chin, but she didn't care. Elijah and Celeste watched as the couple smiled at each other before Klaus cupped her face with his hands, pulling her in for a kiss. The kiss was rough and the blood that formerly was near Klaus' mouth was now on Ophelia's.

Elijah seemed a bit ashamed of how much the girl had changed in Klaus' presence. She had even ditched both the witch and werewolf factions for him, which didn't do well with the Mikaelson family's hope to become alliances to both supernatural sides. Now, eighty five years later, they were still together, which had to mean something.

"Niklaus, there is no hope for you, is there?" Elijah spoke up before pausing for a moment, letting the couple pull away from their rough, passionate kiss, "And Ophelia, why do you follow him in this bad behavior?"

"What do you mean, brother?" Klaus asked mockingly as he turned to face Ophelia once more, "I'm always on my best behavior when with her."

Ophelia let out a small squeal as Klaus grabbed her by the waist, pulling her closer. He began to kiss down her neck until Rebekah joined the group, Emil in tow.

"Are we interrupting?" Rebekah asked them curiously, causing Klaus to roll his eyes as he turned to face younger sister instead of Ophelia.

"Yes." Klaus and Ophelia answered in unison, which made them both smirk at each other.

"I taught you well, love." Klaus commented with a grin plastered on his face.

Elijah sighed as he turned to his sister, "No." Elijah added in annoyed at the two with their childish behavior.

"Dearest Elijah," Rebekah spoke up in a pleading tone, linking hands with Emil, who stood beside her, "You've only ever wished happiness for me. Emil and I are in love. Please, let me turn him."

Klaus and Ophelia glanced at one another, both of them beginning chuckle.

Elijah rolled his eyes, unamused by the couple's immature behavior at that moment, "Rebekah, the governor has graciously agreed to hide a lot of our...indiscretions. It would not do to turn his son into one of us." Elijah explained to his younger sister.

"Please. For me." Rebekah begged him, giving her brother pleading eyes.

"It's not going to happen, Sister," Klaus suddenly spoke up, "If we turned every man you dropped your knickers for, then human beings would cease to exist and we'd have no bloody food."

Ophelia's eyes widened at Klaus' comment, giving him a disappointed look.

"How dare you, sir! You would do well to treat—" Emil shouted angrily as made his way over to him.

"Uh oh, this is not going to be good." Ophelia muttered under her breath as Klaus roughly grabbed Emil by the neck and began to forcibly walk him down the hallway.

Ophelia sighed, getting up from her seat as she followed Klaus down the hallway, "Klaus—" Ophelia shouted out in hope stopping him.

"Brother–" Elijah tried to stop him also.

"Niklaus!" Rebekah yelled out pleading.

"Klaus, wait!" Ophelia tried to grab Klaus' arm but it was too late. Klaus ignored the three of them and threw Emil off the balcony, where he several stories and died instantly. Elijah held a sobbing Rebekah while Klaus intertwined his hand with Ophelia's before they both walked off and sat back in there original spot.

"See, you're the only one that doesn't get pissed, it's like you don't even care." Klaus told Ophelia with a sigh.

Ophelia let out a short breath, placing her hand on the side of Klaus' face as she leaned in and kissed him. She pulled away after a moment and gave him a look, "I do care, I really do, but you don't judge me, so why should I judge you? We've all done bad things, some more than others, but that's not the point. We've all got issues. You have them and I got them, too. That's why we work so well." Ophelia admitted to him and Klaus smiled at her.