4. Sleep and Snuggles

A visual for this chapter, enjoy~
(Also sorry for the rlly low image quality, photogrid ruined it:/ )

For god knows how many times he has knocked, he knocks the door again. "Neesan? Wake up."

No answer from Saaya. Yuzuru sighs, frustrated. It's late and he doesn't want to disturb his parents, but since Saaya doesn't wake up with soft knocks, he has to bang the door.

"Neesan! Open the door!"

"Saaya-oneesan!"

After a while of door-banging, he can hear Saaya grumps. She opens the door of her room and stare immediately to Yuzuru. "It's freaking midnight, Yuzu," she complains. "This better be important."

"Un." Yuzuru grabs her sister's hand and pull her to his room. When they arrive at his door, Saaya raises her eyebrow. "What is it?"

"That girl," Yuzuru says. "Reika. She's been in my bathroom for an hour and a half by now. I'm worried."

When Yuzuru entered his room and found it empty as Reika's not done with her bath yet, he shrugged it off because he thought that it's normal because girls tend to take a bath longer. But when he wakes up at midnight and found the other side of the bed still empty, he knew something was wrong. It felt rude of him to enter the bathroom, so he came to Saaya instead.

"Oh my god." Saaya quickly enters the room and open the bathroom door.

And there she is, Saaya's sister in law, Reika Fueguchi, soaked in warm steamy water that has been infused with herbs, her eyes shutted, her head leaned on the side of the tub.

As Yuzuru's eyes see her bare shoulders and collarbone, he quickly covers his eyes before his sight falls on the lower body, and turns away. "Oh gosh she's naked."

That reaction makes Saaya chuckles. "She's your wife now, Yuzuru. Get use to it."

His face feels hot. Yuzuru slaps himself on the cheek a few times to get that dirty thought out. Even the tips of his ears are red now.

"Reika-chan," Saaya lightly taps Reika's cheeks. "Wake up."

"Hhmmh?"

Even though Reika responds with an unclear sound, her eyes still refuse to open. "Argh," Saaya facepalm for a while, and shakes Reika's body harder this time. "Reika-chan, wake up!"

Startled, Reika jolts and her eyes open wide awake.

... Awkward.

A few seconds of blinking and processing the information in front of her, she immediately screams panicly after and covers her body with her hands, though it doesn't really cover much.

"Gomen! I'm leaving!" Yuzuru quickly leaves the bathroom and runs away outside, while Saaya sighs in response. "You're her husband... aren't you? ...Well whatever. Reika-chan why are you sleeping in the bathroom?"

The color red flushes all over Reika's face. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to, I was just very tired and the bath were very comfy... I'm sorry."

 "It's okay, it's okay," Saaya grabs a towel from the wardrobe and offers it to Reika. "For starters, let's have you dressed now."

"R-right! I'm sorry, Hanyu-san."

"I said it's okay, didn't I? Also, call me Oneesan. I'm your sister in law, after all."

"Un!"

***

"Yuzu? Yuzu!" Saaya calls for her brother, who is nowhere to be seen right now.

"Ah." She found him sitting on the bench outside, staring at the moon. "There he is."

"Yuzu!" Saaya taps him on the back. "What are you thinking?"

"Hm," Yuzuru mumbles. "the moon is very beautiful."

"Like me?" Saaya chuckles, and that chuckle spreads to Yuzuru. "You wish."

"How's Reika?" Yuzuru asks, his mind can't help but to think of her as a little girl she used to play with years ago, when they were children. She has changed so much now, he barely recognizes her. The Hanyu and Fueguchi household have been really close since the beginning, so they visited each other a lot. He used to escape from the boring family talk and play around with Reika and her big brothers, Jun and Ken. But when Yuzuru became a competitive skater and got busy, thing became distant and awkward between them.

"I help her put on her kimono and dried her hair, and she sleeps on the bed now. I guess she's that tired, huh?"

"Eh?" Confused, Yuzuru turns at his sister. "Kimono? She wears a kimono to sleep?"

Saaya shrugs, "I mean, it's not a fancy kimono like the one she wore yesterday, it's a simple white kimono, which I guess is her pajama. And to be honest it looks pretty comfy."

"Hm." Yuzuru looks at himself and her sister, both of them wear shorts and a t-shirt, and laughs. "We're nowhere near Reika's level of fashion sense."

Saaya nods in agreement and laughs along. When they're done laughing, Saaya stands up and stretch her body. "Let's sleep now, I'm sleepy."

"Yeah." They walk together inside and part ways on the corridor and enter their own rooms.

Yuzuru closes the door and looks at his bed for quite a while, staring at Reika sleeping, before finally hopping on and lays on his back beside her.

... Awkward. He feels awkward. He turns to her, facing each other, and stares at her again.

Jiiiiiiiiiii....

Staring so closely, he couldn't help but to observe jer face features. Round eyes. Not so thick lashes, but very tapered. Small, sharp nose. Thin coral-pink lips. Smooth skin, not a single pimple. "Ah, shit," Yuzuru curses. She's so frickin pretty. Like a child.

"Hm," Yuzuru takes a glance at her body. Even tho she curled up with the blanket, he can clearly see her petite figure. "She's so skinny..." he whispers. Gently, Yuzuru puts his arms around Reika and embraces her close to him.

"Shit," Yuzuru slaps himself on the face. "What am I doing? Hugging an underaged on my bed?"

Hearing himself, he sighs. "Well she's shivering, I can't just ignore it! Besides—"

"Why are you arguing yourself?"

Reika suddenly speaks up. Yuzuru didn't expect that at all. Startled, he almost jumps on the bed. "I thought you're sleeping!"

"Mhm," Reika moves here and there, finding a comfy position in Yuzuru's arms. "I was, but you're so noisy, let's just sleep."

Her words are drawled out on a lazy sensual tone, which sends chills down his spine. He can feel her breathing against his chest as she snuggles towards him.

Calm yourself, Yuzu. He gulps. Don't give in, don't give in...

That's when Yuzuru feels something else on his chest, in addition to Reika's breathing.

Wet.

Her tears...?