Chapter Ten - The Change

The car ride back to the pack was filled with the sound of my cries. Kinnon never spoke a single word, he was allowing me my time to mourn. My heart felt like it was about to burst with sorrow as I contemplated my new reality. I knew my life from this point onward would never be the same it would change forever. If i survived the transformation, I would be a werewolf. My brain struggled to face the reality of my new future. Four days ago I was just Ellie normal average human Ellie who's idea of adventure was putting pineapple on a pizza. It was gross.

Memories began to flood my head as I thought of all those special moments I shared with my friends and most importantly my father. It scared me that everything could be gone in an instant, that I could be gone in an instant. If I died, I would become a memory to all those who knew me. I was terrified, terrified of dying , terrified of leaving my friends and family behind. Fear was eating it's way into my very core. The only reality I would face tonight would be the pain which was going to be my crutch, I would embrace it. As long as I was in Pain I was alive.

"We're here" When Kinnon spoke his voice dragged me back to reality. I had been so engrossed in my thoughts, I hadn't even realised we had pulled up to the pack house. Sighing, I turned to face Kinnon his eyes starting straight into mine. Concern was plastered all over his face.

"Kinnon, will you do me a favour?" he nodded his head.

"Will you watch over my father If I die? It will break him. I don't know what he will do. Please just promise me that you and the pack will look after him" Tears began to well up in my eyes again as my breathe caught in my throat.

Kinnon looked forward his grip on the steering wheel tightened, his knuckles going white with the force. Gritting his teeth, his face turned deadly serious as he sucked in a deep breathe before turning to face me. "No, I will not look after your father" his words caused me to frown,he wouldn't look after him? He wouldn't help me with this one simple wish?

Kinnon face remained stern as he continued to speak, his eyes never leaving mine. "I won't look after him because you will live, I can feel your strength Ellie. It radiates off you, you're stronger than you think. You will live, you must because....I can't live without you" Confusion twisted my face, he cant live without me? Wasn't he engaged to Kelly? I opened my mouth to speak but before I could talk, Kinnon reached over placing a gentle hand on my cheek as his thumb started stroking the area he continued to speak. "I know that your confused, I will explain everything to you once you change. There is so much to go through but for now I don't want you to have to think about anything else except living" I nodded in response to his words. It was strange how they made me feel, his faith made me feel like I could take on the world.

"You must come back to me Ellie" Kinnon whispered as he leaned forward placing a soft kiss on my forehead. Sparks erupted in my body. I placed my hand over his, my eyes staring deep into his silver orbs. I felt strong being by his side his words had given me resolve. From this point forward, I would no longer cry. I would fight and I would win.

"I will come back to you" a smile spread across his face as he placed a second kiss on my forehead, Kinnon's expression was full of love. "Lets do this" he grinned as his hands returned back to his side, he opened the car door making his way towards the pack house. I followed after him feeling stronger than I ever had before. My fighting spirit was soaring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hour had passed since we arrived back at the pack, day had turned to night and the moon was starting to rise. I had been sitting in my room for the last hour waiting for Jax to come collect me. Grabbing the dress that lay on my bed, I slipped it on over my body before looking at myself in the mirror. The simple white dress hugged my frame nicely as my dark hair fell down to my waist in curls. White probably wasn't the best option for tonight but I had to wear this dress even if it ended up being ruined.