one

⁀➷

⁀➷

"Who's that one?" Paisley asked.

Currently, Charlie was showing Paisley some family pictures, but by some, it was a whole pile. The two were sitting on the couch in Paisley's cottage.

Paisley had never met the Weasleys before - except Bill when he came to visit Charlie since he was the only sibling old enough to do so at the time - and after two years of working with Charlie and him sending letters about her, Molly decided that she wanted to meet her. To not be rude, Paisley wanted to brush up on her Weasley trivia.

"You remember Bill, don't you?"

It wasn't easy to forget Bill Weasley. The man was a heartthrob, and she was sure he knew. In Paisley's opinion, he was the most attractive and mature Weasley. Charlie wasn't bad-looking, but he had the maturity of a 10-year-old.

"He works as a curse-breaker in Egypt," Charlie said, bored to death.

Paisley lightly slapped his shoulder. "Yes, I actually know who Bill is. He visited you before. Also, you're the one who bragged about me to your mother. Blame yourself, not me, you git."

"I didn't think she would ask to meet you!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Yes, because you always think things through," she retorted, finding another photo. "Oh, this is...Ron?"

"Hey, I do think things through! And that is Percy."

Paisley groaned. "Even as he's the one who helped Harry Potter, I still can't remember him!"

Charlie chuckled. "You're just bad with names, is all."

Paisley sighed and leaned against Charlie. "Why does she even want to meet me?"

"I've said a few good things 'bout you, but I think it's 'cause I told her that you take care of me."

"Well, you can't cook for shit," she defended.

Charlie rolled his eyes. "I've heard that too many times."

"You also keep leaving your boots in front of the door."

"Anything else?"

"Yes. You never clean around here!" she complained.

"I don't even live with you!"

"You practically do! You're always here!" Paisley yelled back.

Charlie tensed before turning away from her.

"Charlie? Are you angry?" Paisley turned her head and peered at his face. She smiled once she saw his expression. "You're pouting! You're sad, aren't you?" She poked his cheek.

He slapped her hand away. "I'm not pouting. And you basically said that you don't like having me here," he muttered.

"You think I don't like having you here?" she questioned.

Charlie nodded.

"You'll always be my best friend, Char!" She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him from behind.

"You better," he muttered.

They enjoyed each other's warmth for a while more.

"Now, who's Percy again?"

Charlie groaned. "You're hopeless."

She smiled and shrugged before walking in front of him to pace around the fireplace in her cottage. "If we take the trains, I'll get to enjoy the scenery."

Charlie opened his mouth to respond, but she cut him off, probably even forgetting that he was there.

"But it'll take over a day to reach London! Apparating is easier and cheaper." Paisley pulled at her hair.

"Okay, how 'bout you take a seat and calmly and quietly think about what you want," Charlie suggested.

She agreed and sat down. "Apparation or train?" she muttered to herself.

Charlie sighed and laid back on the couch, folding up the newspaper in half and setting it down on her lap.

"Apparation!" she decided.

Charlie gave her a quick glance. "You sure?" he asked, used to her not being able to make decisions.

Paisley let out a hum and stayed silent. Charlie sighed again, opened up the newspaper, and began reading an article by Rita Skeeter.

"Yes, I'm sure," she decided.

Charlie folded his newspaper in half once more. "You better be. Remember last time when you changed our transportation last minute?"

"I didn't want to walk!"

"So you chose Thestrals?" he asked hysterically.

"They're cute though."

"Do you know how terrifying it is when you can't see one?"

She shrugged. "Wouldn't know."

Charlie glared at her. "You are an evil, little pixie, Paisley. I don't even know why Bill's got his eye on you."

She pursed her lips as her cheeks warmed up. "Don't say things like that. It'll get my hopes up."

He snorted. "Don't worry, love. You're all that Bill talks about. Oh - she was so beautiful, Charlie. You must send some pictures of her, Charlie. Perhaps, you can send me a lock of her hair, Charlie," he mocked in a high-pitched voice.

Paisley smacked his shoulder. "He did not say that!"

"He did."

"Really? Even that last one?" she questioned.

"I may have exaggerated that last one, but the rest were definitely true."

"You're a tease," she insulted.

"And you're a sneaky fairy," he retorted.

"I'm part-Nymph. You make it sound like I'm part-Mer. That would be horrendous."