Chapter Eighteen

Greyson |

Ace's seemingly confident glare slowly faded as he averted his eyes from my steady gaze, focusing on drying his veiny hands with the nearby brown paper wipes.

As if to deliberately make things awkward, Ace hummed my name, leading me to debate whether or not leaving the restroom was a waste of time being that the closest restroom to this one was another few halls over.

I decided to do what I came to do and tried to walk past him only for him to turn and trail after me with his eyes.

"Seems like we keep running into each other... in and out of school eh?"

Nodding quietly, I hastily reached out to touch the handle to the stall that I had my eyes on earlier, only to stop as Ace cleared his throat, getting my attention.

"How is Ellie doing? I haven't talked to him since our little... accident," he affirmed arrogantly.

Frowning, I let go of the stall handle and put my hands in my pockets to stare at him.

"He's better. Of course, there wouldn't be a need for concern if you hadn't of tackled him the way you did," I retorted plainly.

"Yea... and somehow I'm still on the team, because coach thinks it was an accident. And no one is going to tell him otherwise because you... are the only one that knows."

Boiling over with temerity now, he clasped his hands and sighed, seeming to be extremely proud of himself with an annoying grin.

"And I know that you won't tell, because you're too much of a little bitch to say anything," he chuckled.

Staring at him incredulously now, I studied his over confident smirk with anguish, taking in a short breath.

"I chose not to tell, because I'm not a vengeful person... because it's not my place. Your position on the team is really up to Ellie; and if anything, you're the bitch for taking a cheep shot at him to begin with," I said firmly.

Dramatically pretending to be shocked, Ace placed his hand over his chest and leaned back against the sink with a gasp.

"Woah, touchy much? Well hey, maybe if I hadn't of done it, he would've gotten a worse hit in that game we lost; which speaking of, was mainly because of you," he chided.

Letting my eyes wonder about Ace's face, I noticed the fading, purple bruise on his cheek from the day of the game when Tyler punched him.

I clenched my jaw in frustration and averted my eyes to the floor.

"You were our star player man... Tyler too," he mumbled.

"Depending on one person was a mistake on coach's part. I knew you weren't up to the challenge. I should be captain... or co caption at least," he grouched.

Cackling to himself now, he shook his head with a growing mischievous side glare.

"I mean, what kind of co caption can't even catch a ball– man you fucking fumbled and fumbled and fumbled–"

"When do you get off," I interrupted, agitated now.

Watching him shrug, I seethed with ire.