PROLOGUE: The Kiss

There was total darkness in the auditoruim. All they could see was what was in front of them.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" they were all chanting. They could hear Mr. Achimedes, their principal, was trying to shut the students but this only encourage them to chant louder.

Paolo looked at Ericka. She was smiling yet it shows that she was quite uneasy with the situation. She was sweating and she kind looked pale.

The crowed continued to shout and both of them didn't know what to do. Electricity on the auditorium had still not return. And everyone was getting hot and impatient. All their frustration and energy was on them.

The teachers were running around trying to get the power back. Ms. Lara told them to not panic and stay where they were. And started to run to the back stage. As she left Ericka started to turn and leave the stage.

"Where are you going?" Paolo asked.

I'm going back to my seat. As you can see it doesn't seem like the powers gonna get back anytime sooner.

"But Ms. Lara told us to stay put..."

"do you always follow what people tell you to do?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

Paolo nodded.

"You should try it, it saves you from getting in trouble." he said.

Ericka just rolled her eyes at him. She was about to move when she started feel dizzy. She closed her eyes.

"No, please not now... not here." she said to herself.

"what did you say?" Paolo asked. "hey are you all right?" seeing the look on her face.

He took a step closer at her. Good thing because at that moment Ericka fainted and started to fall on the floor.

Paolo was able reach her on time and he was able to stop her from falling. But catching her made him unbalance making him stumbled to the floor.

It was too late to think. Paolo made sure that Ericka's head would not hit the floor. Upon doing so he was not able to stop the face moving towards her face.

As they hit the floor their lips meet. And as if on cue the power got back on, everyone inside the auditorium saw the kiss. Though no one could see what had happen prior to it, all they saw was that The school's Mr. Nice Guy had kiss the school's Miss Popular.