Chapter 35

Whoever said "enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things' was right.

Stan just wanted to enjoy Foundation Day that time. He just wanted to explore the great arrays of attractions, games and food concessions. He just wanted to kiss Trix.

What was once considered mundane or insignificant was actually the whole point.

After fifteen years, they were back on the same school ground again.

The sun was high and bright, the breeze nothing more than a gentle kiss on the cheek. The atmosphere was buzzing. People were everywhere, music was blaring, food and drink carts flooded the school ground.

Last night, he went back to Manila to report and practically begged Chief Calma for a couple of days extension. It wasn't granted. But Chief Calma was kind enough to give him one more day.

He arrived at the Moreno's Integrated School and headed immediately out to find the kissing booth.

There couldn't be that many guys who would want to pay for a kiss right? He was wrong.

It didn't take long to figure out its location as a huge knot of people formed in the middle of the fair ground.

Stan watched as she tucked a long wavy hair behind her ear, revealing her pink-stained cheeks. She was a force to be reckoned with; strong, beautiful and brave, but her heart was tender and when she loves, she'll give her everything. She walked with her head high, like nothing could get in her way, but he'd seen her cry in corners and promised himself that he will always take care of her.

Shit! How about I donate a huge chunk of money and shut down the booth?

Stan shook his head laughing from those thoughts as he approached the booth.

Trix was sitting on a high stool blindfolded, dressed on their high school uniform to get right into the feels, the organizer of the homecoming had said. Her counterpart was Marlon, their batch campus "crush ng bayan", equally blindfolded and wearing his high school uniform too.

The booth was in full swing. Pia was supervising the queue and accepting the fee for the kiss.

Stan made his way towards the booth and saw that mostly the people in the queue are teenage highschool girls and boys.

The first teenage kiss is a rite of passage that millions of people experience sooner or later. Most of these teenage kids are probably curious. It seemed like nowadays it is okay to kiss someone you don't have feelings for. Since when the very first kiss wasn't that important anymore?

Before, your first kiss should be given to that special someone who gives you butterflies. Sooner than later, you'll have that moment of clarity where you're simply ready to show them how you feel in the form of a kiss. Then all you have to do is wait until the right opportunity presents itself.

The kissing booth gave Stan that opportunity.

His very first kiss was with Trix. He was very nervous. Very very nervous. He had a lot of anxiety going into it, it being his first kiss ever. His heart was pounding, palms were sweating, and his stomach felt all messed up.

He stepped up into the kissing booth and fell into the queue. The teenage boys were sizing him up, it was funny. Stan tried hard to suppress his laughter.

After a few minutes, Pia again shouted, "Next!"

This was his cue to step up toward the booth and stood opposite to Trix.

"Pucker up, Princess. The next guy paid for an enormous amount for a French kiss," Pia teased.

Trix gasped audibly. "Sorry no French kissing," Trix mumbled. "Just get your money. I can only French kiss the guy I love."

"But where is he?" Stan asked, muffling his voice so she wouldn't recognize him yet.

"He's on duty. He's a Senior Fire Inspector and the former Mr. World Firefighter," Trix said, scrunching her nose. "I know that smell. Your perfume smells familiar."

Stan could hear Pia laughing quietly next to him.

"Wait a minute." Trix suddenly removed her blindfold and smacked Stan on his chest when she saw him standing next to him. Her smile brightened immediately. "What are you doing here? I thought you had to leave?"

Now she was laughing and Stan couldn't help but feel relieved that this moment was finally upon them. He wanted to relive that moment they had their first kiss and today he wanted everything to be perfect. No more punch in the face. No more hate just love.

"I'd give everything to stand in front of you right now and make everything right this time. I'm not afraid anymore," Stan said softly.

"Are you ready to finally fight for the girl you love?"

Trix words sparked something in him; a flood of memories both pleasant and painful. The funny look on her face when he ordered Buttery Nipple on the bar. The little fight she put against falling in love and the wonderful way she felt in his arms when they made love. The anger in her eyes when she found out he was Tristan's father and the pure horror of saying goodbye.

"I've been a coward and that was the biggest regret of my life. I've been an expert in extinguishing fire but the only fire I can't put out is the fire you ignited in my heart." Stan smiled and without thinking, and without worrying about the fact that hundreds of people were watching, Stan kissed her. "I love you, Trix," Stan said when their lips broke apart.

The most beautiful smiled curved her mouth. "I love you, too." Trix threw her arms around him and deepened the kiss.

There was silence for only a moment before the wolf whistles started and an outbreak of crowd giggling.

Life was a roller coaster indeed and they were fortunate enough to see more ups than downs and even more fortunate to find each other again after fate played games with their lives.

That was only the beginning of their life together; not more than a few chapters in to the life they'd come to live.

But for now, they're going to savor the feeling of their love at first kiss.

== THE END ==

++++

A/N Notes: OMG! It's over! Thank you dear readers for powering through it! Trix and Stan's story was so much fun to write. I hope you enjoyed the journey! I really appreciate the love. I hope to hear soon from my silent readers too. I'd like to hear your thoughts about the story!