Chapter Three-Beep

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around and realized that I was in a hospital room. I tried to sit up but I ended up hissing in pain as I felt a piercing sensation snap down from my left shoulder and down to my forearm. I looked down and realized it had been bandaged up quite tightly, causing a flush of memories to flood my mind as I recalled the reason why I was here.

I heard the door open and I looked up and saw Stefan walk in. He looked at me in surprise and smiled. "Hey, you're finally up!" He grinned. "How are you feeling?" He asked in concern as he pulled a chair to sit beside me. 

"I feel like I swerved and crashed headfirst into a tree." I answered back smiling at him sarcastically. 

"Right..." He trailed off. "What exactly happened again?" 

I sighed as I began to tell him the whole ordeal. From the start of the obnoxious dress fitting and to the end of the night where I was forced to face a wolf. 

"And so the last thing I can remember are two paramedics hovering over me and asking me questions." I said as I neared the end of my ordeal. "I'm just lucky they got there in time or I would've been animal food." 

Stefan nodded. "Wow, so, that's pretty crazy." 

"Yeah." I gave him strange look as I stared at his blank expression. "Are you okay, Stefan?" 

He looked up at me and nodded. "No--No yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." He explained. "Um, you should rest up okay? Dad just went out to grab some coffee so I'm going to go see if I can find him." 

I nodded and carefully laid back down and I soon drifted back to sleep. 

----

"Bullsh*t!" I heard my Dad yell suddenly. I carefully opened my eyes and saw him pacing around as he was talking to Stefan and my four of my other family members. "We were told that territory had been wiped clean. That pack was said to have been extinct over twenty years ago! How the hell are they back here?" 

"We're just as shocked as you Derrick!" My dad's sister Amelia chimed in stepping towards my father. "The fact they think they can get away with this is foolish." 

"Amelia is right Derrick, we are going to rip them into pieces--worse than before. Every last one of them!" My uncle Josh added. He was Amelia's husband and was sitting beside her on the small couch that was located a few feet from my bed. 

My dad stood up and shook his head. "They got my daughter, my little baby girl!" He said through clenched teeth. "I want it ensured that when we go and capture that mutant race of animals that I get to decide what happens to their Alpha." 

"Of course, Derrick." Aunt Amelia replied. She sighed. "We need to get her and the rest of our kids to safety." 

My father nodded. "Right, right. I have guest house about two hours away. It's completely off the grid. We can send all our sons and daughter there until we figure this out." 

"We're going to need the boys and girls who are already 21 to stay and help us fight." My Dad's younger brother Gallan intruded. "You know they aren't going to want to stay back and not do anything. We've taught them too well and now they're invested. They're going to want to come in with us to help us win this fight." 

My father sighed and then nodded in agreement. "You're right." 

"It'll be safe for her Dad, it's going to be fine." Stefan added in. "I'll go and drop her off and make sure that someone stays with her." 

My father thought about it for a few seconds before slowly beginning to shake his head. "Okay. But we have to do this today, they're going to strike fast now that they've made their presence known."