Chapter 13: Under the Light of Countless Stars

Fairy Tail: You're Natsu of Fairy Tail (A NaLu Fan Fiction) by Cryptic_Eyes, All Rights Reserved, © 2018

.

.

.

"Erza."

Over the call of Natsu's rough voice was the sobbing of Happy against Lucy's shirt and Wendy's hiccups into her hands next to the blonde's lifeless body. Gray was still crouched low to the ground, silent with his clasped hands in front of his face. Gajeel's face even looked pained, while Lily and Carla looked at Happy sadly. Erza was kneeling next to Wendy, her hands on the girl's shoulders in an attempt to console her. Lucy's body was resting flat against the ground, her hands resting against the ground on either side of her body. The celestial made still had a smile on her face, the tear tracks on her face beginning to dry but tiny droplets still clung to her eyelashes.

Natsu was sitting on his knees, his palms pressed against the floor and his head hanging.

Erza looked up to the sound of her name, her eyes moving from the empty ground nearby to Natsu's slumped form wordlessly.

"You remember when you asked me if I loved Lucy?" the dragon slayer ground out, his voice sounding hollow and low.

Erza nodded. "Yes, I do."

"I didn't really pay attention to what you were saying then," Natsu began, his fingers curling against the dirt and leaving tracks behind as he tightened his grip into fists. "But I get it now, because this is even worse than when Igneel died. It's different, too."

"Natsu..." Wendy whispered, lowering her hands.

Natsu dropped his head low to the ground above his clenched fists, his body curled into a ball as tears fell from his eyes so fluidly he seemed child-like. "I love Lucy!"

Erza nodded, trying to smile but her eyes filled with grief. "I believe you."

Yet it was too late.

"Fairy Tail!"

Erza and the others turned their attention to the large doorway to the throne room, seeing an all too familiar face that startled them as she ran towards them.

"Lu—I mean Anna!" Gray exclaimed, surprised.

"Miss Anna!" Wendy added, slightly taken aback because she still wasn't used to the resemblance.

Loke followed behind her, a sash tied across his torso and holding something against his chest.

"Loke too?" Happy blubbered, rubbing at his tears.

The celestial spirit looked at Lucy's body, his expression pained.

Anna and Loke stopped next to the group gathered around Lucy's body, her eyes serious. "I don't have time to explain. We have to act fast! There still might be a way to save Lucy!"

Natsu's head shot up, completely forgetting he was easily showing the tears around his eyes. "What?"

Anna kneeled down on Lucy's right, next to Wendy. "Loke, the crystal!"

"Right."

The lion spirit pulled the cloth back, revealing an Astrodite crystal as large as an infant.

"Astrodite?" Erza questioned, confused.

"Lucy hasn't passed on yet!" Anna began urgently as she took the crystal from Loke's hands. "Every celestial spirit mage goes through the Celestial Spirit Realm before they go on to the afterlife. It serves as a final farewell to their connection to their summoner. But with help, we can keep her there long enough to heal the poison in her body and bring her spirit back!"