"When and Why to Change a Story" Sneak Peek and Q&A w/@JordanLynde

With tens of millions of reads on her stories, JordanLynde is a master at using metrics to determine when and why to change a story. Lucky for us, she wrote a chapter about doing just that for The Writer's Guide to Wattpad. Here's a look!

~Ben

Sneak Peek

***** Q&A with JordanLynde

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2010

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

Quizilla was shutting down. Wattpad's layout looked nice.

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

Creating happiness. Escaping into a whole other world. Sharing my imagination with others.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Am I allowed to say writing itself? lol -- I'd have to say editing.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Just keep writing. Your first story might be successful or it might be your fifth one. Write because you love it.

What Wattpad Story Are You Reading Now?

Between Takes

How Do You Write?

Laptop

If There Was a Sandwich Named After One of Your Characters, What Would it Be and Why?

"Bennett's Big Ticket Bacon Burger." "5x the B" for short. Because Bennett is an expensive piece of meat. Just kidding. Because Bennett lives a lavish lifestyle so a burger named after him should be just as lavish.

How Much Input from Readers Do You Use for Your Stories?

My readers help me write half my story.

What Motivates You to Continue Writing?

My readers, my mind threatening to explode if I don't get my ideas out, the idea of having a published book.

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

Outside under a tree where there are no bugs.

Do You Think Technology is Making the Craft of Writing Better or Worse?

Better. Technology is the future.

How Do You Manage to Stay Away from Social Media While You Write? Or Is that Even Possible?

It's impossible. A writer trying to stay away from social media is like a bug trying to stay away from your porch lamp.

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

If in public? Yes. If at home? Nooo.

Where is the Best Place to Write a Book?

Starbucks.

Suppose You Just Inherited $1 Million. What Would You Do With the Money?

Open a cat sanctuary and quit my job so I can write and stay self-sufficient for me and my 1,000 cats.

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

1-800-flowers.com Did YOU know you could text companies for information?

Smartphones: Apple or Android?

Apple.

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

I don't like alcohol. LOL

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

Definitely. I think leaving your older works up allows younger or just beginning writers to see that everyone starts from somewhere and only gets better.

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

Die of fright. I'm afraid of aliens.

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

Harry Potter. I bet everyone said Harry Potter.

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

Only if you end up in the hospital have you drank too much coffee.

Anything Else You'd Like to Add?

Your brain is going to demand you write 10 stories at once and while you're writing those, it's going to demand you write 10 more. Just keep a small file of all your story ideas. It'll appease your brain for now.

-30-