"Multimedia" Sneak Peek and Q&A with @jr0127

Some of the standout features on Wattpad include the ability to work videos, photos, gifs, and other multimedia into stories. But does more equal better? The answer is a resounding "yes," but it's important to be smart about how you use these storytelling tools. Jenny Rosen (jr0127) knows all about it, and she wrote a must-read chapter for The Writer's Guide to Wattpad. Here's a sneak peek.

~Ben

Sneak Peek

****Q&A with jr0127

****Q&A with jr0127

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2011

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

To share my first story with the world!

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

Creating story arcs for characters that are real, raw, and relatable.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Writer's block, cutting words, and synopses.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Tell the story you want to tell as honestly and earnestly as possible. Don't worry about numbers, or fame, just write out of your love for writing and your love for the characters and readers will notice.

What Wattpad Story Are You Reading Now?

Too Late by AuthorColleenHoover

How Do You Write?

On my phone, on napkins, on any piece of paper I can get my hands on.

If There Was a Sandwich Named After One of Your Characters, What Would it Be and Why?

The King. Because Elias thinks of himself as king of the universe (at first) and any sandwich named after him would have to be royal in some regard.

How Much Input from Readers Do You Use for Your Stories?

It depends! If I feel a chapter needs to be tweaked or a part changed/improved to give their input. But I most heavily rely my editor Kristen's input.

What Motivates You to Continue Writing?

Completing the arc of the story in a way that does the character's justice. That, and taking the readers along for the ride.

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

On trains.

Do You Think Technology is Making the Craft of Writing Better or Worse?

Better because you have more resources to add visual media to enhance your story.

How Do You Manage to Stay Away from Social Media While You Write? Or Is that Even Possible?

I actually have had to take a break for the last couple months just to focus on my faith, my writing, and my life outside of social media. Now that I'm getting back into the game I'll be active on social media again, but it was very necessary to take a break.

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

No.

Where is the Best Place to Write a Book?

Anywhere quiet.

Suppose You Just Inherited $1 Million. What Would You Do With the Money?

Donate it to people who need it.

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

One of my old students.

Smartphones: Apple or Android?

Apple

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

Write sober, edit sober. Drunk writing is an editing nightmare.

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

Absolutely, it shows how much you've grown.

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

Make sure everything's sealed! No intruders welcome!

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

Narnia maybe?

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

Any coffee. I'm a tea drinker!

-30-