2

The radio often acts up when it's cold in the morning and my dad says it's because the car parts are frozen but I don't see why my sound system can't just have a bad day, or a bad month. I keep driving though, listening to bits and pieces of my favourite songs as rubber meets road on a familiar journey out of town.

I have gone this way a lot, at least once a week since I've discovered the place where I'm heading. I guess I didn't really discover it but I did stumble upon it without meaning to and I am sure Christopher Columbus would be quite proud. or so my sister Ava said, and even though she stated it was sarcasm I do believe Christopher Columbus would genuinely be proud of my adventuring skills. I mean, who's to say he wasn't just a really nice guy who also just happened to stumble across an, admittedly much larger, area.

Besides, I seem to be the only one who frequently visits this place and I have grown quite attached. I have sat there for countless hours and have written at least a dozen poems, and seen 4 sunrises in a row so in my mind this is my secret hideaway and I am the only one who will ever experience it. Then again, how amazing is it that hundreds of people, complete strangers, have sat where I sit and have seen what I see and perhaps have even read the very same novels that occupy the interior of my very heavy book-bag? Something that feels so personal, so intimate, has provided so many people with that same feeling! How absolutely amazing is that? Incredible.