5

Today I wrote a poem about a girl, I think I am in love with her.

Only, quite unfortunately, I have made this girl up in my head and I want to say she reminds me of everything good in the world but that would be a lie because I have not experienced every good thing in this world and even if I had I believe that it would be an understatement because she would be so much more than all of the good radio stations and blueberry Eggo waffles.

Sometimes I write things and I get so caught up in them, like I am in this world of my own where I am a creator and citizen and hopeless romantic and slightly pessimistic optimist. But this, this was so far from the edges of my fingers and I could barely grasp it. Writing about her was like staring at your crush from across the room and watching them just sitting there unaware of all the feelings inhabiting your insides and setting off fireworks that would put the Fourth of July to shame and they just sit there, looking away at some clock or chair or grossly handsome guy who wears too much cologne and at that moment you would give anything to stand on your desk and scream out their name and tell them how awesomely cool you think they are but you can't do that. You can't just stand on your desk and tell your crush you like them. And no matter how loud I yell on top of this rock my imaginary girl will not turn around and look at me, and scream back that I am just as awesomely cool. And that's just how things are. I hope this girl is out there, and I hope that right now she is somewhere thinking about me too and how one day she will find a boy who will enjoy her fireworks more than any 5 year old out there. I hope that one day, when I do find that one spot, she will be there and everything will feel right.