Confrontation

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and ignore it as I work on the calculation of the sum I'm working on. After a few seconds, the door handle is turned and barges in my mother.

I don't even turn around and keep doing my homework. I have nothing to say to her. Apparently the feeling is not mutual because she starts speaking.

"Why haven't you been answering when I knock every time?"

I don't answer. So she keeps firing pointless questions at me.

"What's wrong with you?"
"Are you on drugs?"
"Are you pregnant?"

I slam my pencil down and turn around slowly. I keep my face emotionless and respond,
"I didn't want to."
"Nothing."
"No."
"No."

She blinks at me in surprise. And I keep looking at her with no emotion.

"How did your audition go for that Modeling Academy?" She asks as she folds her arms, as if trying to appear dominant.

"I didn't get in," I reply with that same cold and heartless voice that goes perfectly with my cold and heartless expression.

"So you got rejected?" She asks as her arms fall on her sides. "Wait till Tris hears about this." I hear her mumble the last few words in her mouth.

These words have me boiling. "TRIS?" I scream at her. And she goes to say something but I cut her off. "YOU'VE BEEN GOSSIPING ABOUT MY LIFE TO TRIS?" At this point I'm seeing red. "HER DAUGHTER BULLIED ME TODAY IN SCHOOL!"

She rolls her eyes at me, "stop being so dramatic. She didn't bully you. She probably called you what everyone is calling you."

"What what might that be?" I glare at her. Waiting for her to say the word. Daring her to. Praying she doesn't actually say it.

"Chubby."

And with that, I know that my mother is long gone. This woman standing in front of me is not my mother. She can't be.

"Get out of my room," I glare at her with so much hatred she takes a step back and her shoulders drop as she leaves the room.

When she's gone, I drop my head in my hands and breathe heavily. Trying to control the anger. I've been afraid of violence for as long as I can remember.  It got so bad once that I had a panic attack.

I take deep breaths and blink, not expecting to see a tear drop onto the wooden floor; between my feet.

•••

Flight for Ireland is about to take off. Passengers please move to gate 5 to board the plane.

This is it.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
This chapter is dedicated to @letmelivetonight for being the first one to vote on this story :)

Thanks for reading,
Teddy 🐾