Chapter 3

Cookie: Yo! I present to you chapter 3! Wheeeeeeeeee *twirls*

Taylor Momsen, the bad ass chick on the pic will play Heather, Channing's cousin. You'll meet her in this chapter. :)

YOUTUBE link: Unconditionally by Katy Perry. It's the song I was listening to while writing the rest of this chapter >_<

READ/VOTE/COMMENT/POKE!

Warning! Kinda edited... *laughs* Ok not edited...leaveme alone D;

***

Unfortunately for Channing, the ambulance got there and was ambushed by well meaning EMTs before we could get away.

     A few feet away from the ambulance, I watched the EMTs patch up a reluctant Channing since he absolutely refused to go to the hospital. I was so distracted keeping a careful eye on what they were doing to Channing that I was exchanging phone numbers with the mohawked teenager before I even realized it.

     Somehow, I ended up being Channing's secretary. Now that I thought about it, I ended up answering most of the police questions earlier as well while Channing had barely spoken. It was as if he was afraid to talk to strangers which was silly considering how big he was. Besides, he had no problem getting all up in my space and he didn't know me from Adam.

      I stared at the piece of ripped paper with the kid's number and insurance information in my hand and sighed. I had no idea what's going on anymore. When I had asked for a little excitement a few days ago, I was not expecting...this. I glanced at Channing. I hadn't expected him.

      Channing's troubled eyes met mine and I found myself making my way over to him without thought. "What's going on?"

     "He doesn't want us to take the stuff we used to clean his wounds," the blonde, female EMT explained. Like her male partner, she wore the standard blue EMT uniform. She was staring up at Channing with a mixture of awe and confusion. 

     I didn't know why the way she was looking as him annoyed the hell out of me but it did. I stepped in front of Channing to separate them. There. Better. Irrational but better. "He doesn't what now?"

      The blonde ripped her gaze from Channing to me. She blinked and looked flustered. "Um...yeah. Your friend keeps insisting that he wants everything we used to clean him up with."

      "I can throw it away myself, Shay," Channing said from behind me. 

      "Look," the African American EMT with a shaved head held up his hands in front of him in a show of peace. "We can throw them away ourselves. It's not sanitary for you to be walking around with stuff like that."

     I looked back at Channing and lifted a brow. He frowned and stared right back at me. "I ain't comfortable with them having stuff with my blood on'em, Shay."

      I turned back to the EMTs. "Look, just give it to him. It's nothing but cotton balls, gauze and stuff right? No needles? What's the harm in letting him keep them? It's your job to keep him calm and not freak him out. Does he look calm to you?"

     Blondie, or Jessica, as her name tag read, shook her head and handed a white plastic bag to me. "Here, but throw them out as soon as you get home."

     I smiled at her. "Thanks, sweetheart." 

    She blushed and looked away. Her partner didn't like that so much so he ushered her away, but not before shooting Channing and I a suspicious glance. My smile slipped and I glared back.