Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Arnav where are you going without eating? asked Naani

"To see Khushi Arnav said continuing to walk

"Arnav wait "

"Arnav this is not Delhi. You can't just like that go to meet her "Naani said. She was surprised at her grandson's behaviour. Arnav was always the focused business type of guy. To see him like this was a welcome shock.

Arnav thought for a while then said "Naani invite her family here to discuss engagement arrangements "he said. 

Naani smiled and nodded. If Khushi will inject this kind of liveliness on Arnav then she should always be around him.

Naani was not the only one who was surprised by Arnav's love stuck behavior. Shyam, who joined them in the morning was also surprised by his saale sahib's changed behavior. Last night he received a mail from Arnav's assistant Aman with all illegal transactions of Shyam and how he has been cheating on Anjali and deceiving her. Arnav had only one thing to say, "I will give you one month. If you don't mend your way, then you will be out of not just Di's life, but also this world.' He had warned. Shaym knew better than to get in bad books of ASR, so he decided to put a full stop to his wayward ways.

Khushi was dressed in a red salwar suit. She doesn't like that suit much but for some reason her heart wanted her to wear red that day. Raizadas had invited them for lunch to discuss about engagement party. First Buaji and her father decided to go but then Naani insisted all should join. So, they all decided to go. Everyone blamed her for telling him about her exams and postpone the wedding. No one believed that they didn't talk anything when they were alone.

"Khushiji what will you talk to your piyaji when you meet today Payal teased making Khushi blush

Khushi hated the idea of this marriage but now she was totally looking forward for it. She herself didn't know what bought this change.

Guptas were greeted by all the Raizadas. Naani hugged Khushi and took her inside holding her hand. Arnav just silently looked at everything with a smile. They all settled in the living room and tea and snacks was served. Naani made Khushi sit on the couch with her. Arnav who was at the end of the party immediately took his place near Khushi making Khushi gasp slowly. Guptas were a bit uneasy about them both sitting together but didn't have much to say when Naani had no problem with it. Khushi looked at Arnav who had not taken tea.

"Arnav drinks only black coffee. Naani whispered in Khushi's ears seeing her look at Arnav " Do you know how to make it? teased Naani. Khushi nodded no blushing.

It was decided that their engagement will take place after two days in Gupta house and wedding a week after Khushi's exams.

"Devyaniji " Buaji hesitated " About jewels and money "

"Madhumatiji please, we are completely against dowry. All we want is just your daughter she said

"But Arnavji might want...Sashi tried to reason

"I am sure I earn enough to take care of me, my wife and family. Please don't offend us by talking about dowry Arnav declared firmly. He always had the final say and no one spoke about it after that. That is the aura he carried. Guptas were surprised at Arnav's decision, because the one who they had seen for Payal was ready to take even the last drop of their blood. But, Raizadas wanted nothing but Khushi to be sent with them.