Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Guptas were requested to arrive at Delhi a week before wedding. Khushi's exams were over and she happily reached the city where she will be spending rest of her life. She thought she will see Arnav often and get to talk to him. But nothing of that sort happened, as Khushi was always busy. Khushi never thought brides would have so much to do. Two whole days were spent in wedding shopping alone. Arnav and his family were very much insistent on making sure everything was of Khushi's choice. Khushi was always accompanied by Payal and Anjali. Khushi easily gelled up with Anjali. Anjali was helpful in shopping especially letting Khushi know Arnav's favourite colours and designs. However Khushi only didn't understand why Anjali wanted one whole day for parlour.

"But Anjaliji won't it take only few minutes? asked innocent Khushi thinking they would only need new haircut like how it used to be back in her hometown.

"Few Minutes? asked Anjali exasperated " Khushi hair styling, facial, pedicure, manicure, spa, waxing ufff. They will take one whole day

Khushi was already guilty for not staying at home and helping in kitchen or other wedding related things. She thought elders will think wrong about her if she goes out for things like this instead of helping her mom or Naani. When she expressed her concern to Anjali she only laughed

"Khushi this is what a bride is supposed to do. Moreover half the things you do are more for chote than for you Anjali said winking.

By the end of fourth day Khushi was exhausted. So Naani just asked them to chill in Raizada Mansion and not to trouble Khushi more, as rituals will start soon. Khushi was in the garden , when Raizadas's servant Hari Prakash informed her that Arnav wanted to meet her in his room. Khushi was hesitant, but she didn't have heart to refuse him. Ever since she came to Delhi she didn't even get time to speak to Arnav. They met only during breakfast and dinner. Arnav happily let her enjoy her wedding preparations and didn't disturb her. Even their phone conversations became minimal.

As soon as Khushi entered his room, she heard the door being locked and he was standing near the door folding his arms. Khushi's cheeks immediately turned red with his mere gaze.

"I love your blush said Arnav slowly caressing her cheeks

"Arnavji she said softly

"Took me three days before getting my bride to my room Arnav said "I mean OUR room he corrected. Khushi looked at him at the mention of OUR and chill ran through her spine.

Arnav took Khushi by her hand and took her to the middle of the room. It was bigger than Khushi's and her parents's room put together.

"I know what you like Khushi, so I have made changes accordingly in this room. However if you want anything else let me know, it will be ready before our wedding he said

Khushi unhurriedly looked around the room. It was everything that she could have thought for her room. She was again at awe of how well he knew her.

"It is perfect Arnavji she said

"Nothing less for my wife said Arnav making Khushi sit on the bed

"Are you happy? he asked

"Very she said

"Anything you wish for, even a simple thing you should let me know, okay?

She nodded. Arnav took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

"Khushi he called but Khushi was too busy looking at the floor and blushing hard