15

A u r o r a"He smiled and all I could think was 'Oh shit'

A u r o r a
"He smiled and all I could think was 'Oh shit'.

Aaron's difficult. He's mysterious. He's like the moon, a part of him is always hidden. He's not the happiest person on earth either. He's death himself. But I wanna change that.

Today, after I left the classroom to go check on Aaron after he stomped away, changed me. When I saw Brenda standing next to him-basically hanging off his arm, got me fired up.

But I felt better when I saw he pushed her off with a glare. When I saw him get into his car angrily and completely ignore his friend's desperate calls of concern, had me confused at first.

He looked so...sad. He looked as if he'd gone through hell and back, and that tore apart my heart. When I had asked Seth what happened, he had tensely said that Aaron's father needs him. And I was reminded of that night when he dropped me off after the ball. When he talked about his father.

He had said his father doesn't care, he doesn't listen. And that's why I've got an idea.

I'm going to make Aaron Knight happy again. I'm going to do whatever it takes to see a smile on his face every single day. So here I am, leaning against my car after school. It's been three days since he abruptly left and he's been absent for two days after that. Todays the day he came back. He's had a scowl on his face the entire day.

I glance at my watch and see most of the students have left. As you can tell, I'm waiting for Aaron Knight. And I'm going to convince him to get ice cream with me. I don't think he even knows what ice cream is.

I spot him coming out of the school and towards his car. He's focused on his phone and doesn't look up. His eyebrows are furrowed and I start walking up to him.

"Hey Knight," I state casually and put my elbow on his car hood. He looks up from his phone and surprise flashes through his eyes.

"Aurora." He says in a velvety voice and puts his phone away. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was wondering what you were doing right now." I stand up straight. He stares at me for a few seconds. "I have work to do." He says slowly.

"Well, work can wait! We're going to get ice cream." I clap my hands together enthusiastically. He narrows his eyes at me. "I don't have time for ice cream Aurora."

"I don't care." I sing and skip to the passenger side of his car. I put my hand on the handle and look at him expectantly. When he doesn't budge I glare at him. And then he's glaring at me too. After a silent argument between our eyes, he sighs and unlocks the door.

I smile happily and hop in. He gets in and mutters something along the lines of 'stubborn women'. He throws his books in the back seat. And I keep my bag on my lap. "Where to?" He mutters and starts the engine.