16.

"No one warns little girls
how boys with such pretty eyes
who smell like smoke,
who taste like rain
who talk like silver,
are the reasons behind
tear soaked pillows,
half finished poems
and so many sad dreams"

Thanks for reading x

   THIS morning I woke up with a smile

THIS morning I woke up with a smile. I got out of bed ten minutes early and spent extra time making sure there were no mishaps. I look at myself in the mirror and see my eyes are shining and my skin glowing.

I think back to last night and a smile immediately takes over my face. I shake my head and roll my eyes at myself playfully at how girly I sound.

I made out with Aaron Knight. I can't believe it.

That's something to be girly about.

My phone dings with a text from Becca saying she's outside waiting for me. I quickly reply back to her and grab my bag to leave. I check the mirror once more and smooth down my skirt. I apply some chapstick and smack my lips together.

On my way down the stairs I see Parker seated on a counter stool with a Harry Potter book in his hand while Paula feeds him pancakes. I look to my right and hear my parents faint voices from my dads study office. It sounds a little heated, I get closer to door and press my ear against the wall.

"You can't actually be considering doing this!"

"She has to start one day! Rather it be now than later."

"She won't like it. I'm telling you."

Who are they talking about? Is it me? I furrow my eyebrows and try to get closer. What won't I like? I hear their footsteps walking towards the door and immediately straighten my posture so it doesn't look like I was just eavesdropping on their conversation.

My mom walks out first looking stressed with tired eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask immediately and cross my arms.

"Aurora Ivy Collins, were you spying on us?" She scolds. "That's very unladylike." She frowns and shakes her head.

"Screw what's ladylike and not. What's happening?" I ask again stubbornly. I hated it when my parents left me in the dark, especially when they say I don't care much.

"We shall talk about it when you get home, okay?" My dad offers and practically stopping a fight from breaking out. I glance at my moms infuriated face and hesitantly, I nod my head. I eye my parents suspiciously and grab a apple off the counter before heading out.

I jog to Becca's Mercedes Benz and hop into the passenger seat. She starts the car and drives off.

"The tea is piping hot." I say dramatically and take a bite out of my apple. "Ooo spill the tea, now." She says excitedly.

"My parents are hiding something from me. And I really hate not knowing what." I say annoyed.

"Aw that sucks." She says apologetically. I nod my head and turn to her. "There's something else..." I trail off nervously.

"What?"

"Okay, promise me you won't crash the car from shock." She nods her head and I tuck my hair behind my ear and take a deep breath.

"So you know, I went to get ice cream yesterday." I start causally.

"Okay?" She asks confusedly.

"With Aaron." She turns towards me so fast, I think something happened to her neck.

"And he kissed me." I finish boldly.

"Shut up!" She exclaims with wide eyes. "He kissed you?" She asks unbelievably. I immediately frown and pull my eyebrows together. What's that supposed to mean.

"What's wrong with me?" I ask softly.

Becca realizes her mistake and shakes her head rapidly. "No no no babe that's not what I meant," she assures quickly, not straying her eyes from the road.

"Its just that I didn't peg Aaron to be one with feelings. He's just so emotionless."

"Yeah, well he's just human like the rest of us." I retort slightly defensive. Thats just what he shows that world. I got to look at what Aaron Knight what truly made of. Gold. Solid gold.

"Your right. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have judged so quickly."

"It's okay," I assure her with a small smile. We pull into the school and luckily we find a spot at the front. My heart is pounding in my chest. How do I act around him today? Did he regret it? Do I regret it?

No, I don't.

We get out of the car and lean against it, seeing we have a solid ten minutes to spare.

"Ugh. The wind is so heavy today." Becca whines has she removes a strand of hair that got stuck to her lipstick.

I laugh at her misfortune and am glad I decided to tie high today. I look around and look for a certain curly haired boy but he's now where to be seen. I huff in disappointment, I glance to my right and immediately groan.

"Dammit, bitch at two o'clock." I mutter grumpily.

"Oh." Becca replies and looks towards where Brenda is walking towards us.

"Maybe if we ignore it then it will go away?" I offer and squint my eyes at Brenda's smirk.

"Why is she even coming here? Did you do something?" Becca accuses.

I shrug and take a bite out of my apple.

"Hey you two."

"Oh boy." I sigh.

Sorry for the late update. Thank you so much for 4K reads. I can't believe it, it made me so happy. Comment and vote please!