Chapter Two

Veronica's POV

Turning around while I dropped my house keys into my bag I walked down the three stairs and paused while I stared at the sleek black, shiny expensive-looking car. "I don't remember that being there four in the morning."

"Hello."

I tensed and turned to find a guy leaning against the metal fence that separated the other half of the apartment building to mine. "Hi. . ." I question, walking back up the stairs and stared at the light brown hair andgreen-eyed man. "Sorry to question this out loud, but who are you?"

"I'm Logan, how do you do?"

"I'm. . .fine. . .I'm Ronnie," I held my hand out and shook his hand while I tried to calculate whether or not I should get my pepper spray out. "Is that your car?"

"Indeed, I just moved in, I'm guessing we're neighbors," He says, while smirking at me.

"Maybe, depends on whether or not you like pie or cake."

"Both sound brilliant," He says without skipping a beat, his green eyes twinkling as if he knew something I didn't.

"Welcome to the most boring town in the world, Logan. If you ever need something, like maybe a life or some flour, you can get the life in New York and the flour by knocking on my door or coming to Dan's Diner where I work," I say, smirking back at him. "Also, you may want to hide your car because the neighborhood kids think they're some kind of gang and they'll try to break into it. Chow!" I hurried off, trying not to fall flat on my face while I made a run for Dan's Diner in boots with two-inch heels.

You may not think two inch heels are bad, but you should see me try to walk on a flat surface in no shoes - and that's probably how I ended up with Temporary Memory loss, after I fell down ten flights of stairs or something like that and broke all things calcium is needed for.

Bursting through the Diner's doors I made a crazed B-line to my fellow Waitress, Kacey. Grabbing onto her wrist I dragged her to the kitchens and turned to her. "I found a Tom Hiddleston look-a-like," I manage to pant out while I tried my hardest to drag some oxygen down my throat.

"No way."

"Yes way, and he's my new neighbor," I state, a little proudly might I add.

"Wait, he's new? I bet my minimum wage that was the car I saw driving into town when I got off my shift this morning," Kacey slams her fist into her open palm and stares at me with wide eyes. "Please tell me you didn't stuff up any chance of you introducing me to my future husband."

"I kind of adapted Max's personality cross a Caroline personality from Two Broke Girls because I panicked," I shrugged, wide eyed while I tried not to panic and flip out.

"We have a costumer! You two, quit chatting and do your jobs!"

Kacey and I walked out of the kitchen, only for me to drop to the floor and army crawl back into the kitchen. "HOLY SHIT YOU WEREN'T JOKING!" I hear Kacey screech on top of her lungs while Ty opened the freezer door for me to crawl into and shut it behind me while I placed a hand over my hammering heart.

The freezer door opens and Kacey hurries in. "Dude, what are you doing?!" She hisses, face bright red.

"I'm not going out there because I know that guy."

"And?!"

"And I think I should lose my memory again and re-meet him so I don't make a fool of myself," Kacey yanks me onto my feet, tore my bag off of my arm and ran her fingers through my hair.

"He asked for a Ronnie, Ron. He asked for you, your first impression might actually have made him come to this crappy diner," Kacey chuckles while she grabs onto the front of my uniform and starts to un-do the top buttons.