Chapter Three

I jogged down the foot path, my ear buds in my ears while my sneakers lightly moved across the cement while my eyes stared forward. I came to a stop for a moment, my chest heaving while I put my hands on my knees until the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Slowly I pull out my ear buds and turned around, frowning slightly as goose bumps started to collect on my pale skin. "Hello?"

Soon my heart exploded in fear as soon as my eyes met another's. "What the. . ." Suddenly the grey and black beast started to run forward - at me. My heart jumps into my mouth and my mind began to scream at me while I watched, paralyzed by fear, while the beast ran at me with a large weapon in his hands.

Then he's directly in front of me and my eyes squeeze shut as he swung at me, I waited for whatever impact that could happen, only nothing but the cold night air touched my skin. Slowly I peeled my eyes open and stared at the world in front of me in confusion.

"What the. . .I. . .what the hell was that?" I whispered to myself, slowly tearing my feet away from the road I put my hand onto my forehead. "I should book another appointment." I shook myself, my hands pushing up the sleeves of my jacket because of how hot I started to feel.

"Meow."

I jumped a foot into the air before I stared at the cat that sat on the sidewalk, staring up at me with its eyes piercing through me. Slowly I crouched down, eyeing the cat curiously before I raised my hand and lightly patted his head. "Hello little guy."

I stared at the collar, the address making a light bulb flicker in the back of my head. "Want to go home, little guy?" The cat presses himself against my legs while he purred. "Come on. . .Loki. Let's take you to Logan." I picked the cat up before I turned the corner and started to walk down my street with the cat rubbing his face to mine.

Pausing on my neighbors veranda before I pressed the door bell and waited. The door opens seconds later and I came face to face with Mr. Fisher in nothing but a towel. "Oh my gosh." I turned around, holding the cat my to chest while my face heats up.

"Yow." The cat says, pawing my jaw. 

"Hello, neighbor."

"Hi. . .Err, here's your cat." I turned, not looking at the man at all while I put the cat down on his Welcome mat. The cat walks into the house, his cat pressing itself against the bare calf of the wet white British guy.

"I should go now-"

"I was wondering where Loki had gotten to." The Tom Hiddleston look-a-like muses. "Would you like to come in?"

I finally looked up from staring at the mat, trying not to look at his bare chest - and the fact he was dripping wet and in nothing but a towel. "I-I don't think it's a good time, you seem busy-"

"Nonsense, come in."

Slowly I walked past him, holding my breath before I stood in the front entrance of Logan's home. I hear the door close before I feel him nudge past me. "You can go sit in the living room, just through there while I go get some clothes on. . ."

Silently I hurried into the living room and sat on the couch, Loki or Logan somewhere else while I looked around at the room I was in curiously. While I was examining the room my eyes paused at a gold statue that was on the coffee table.

Leaning forward my fingers lightly touched the cold statue, how odd. . .I swear it reminds me of something. . .

"That's the gold statue of the Norse Goddess of Childishness Innocence, Devotion and is the reason one's heart warms at certain things. It can be called love at first sight, or the warm feeling you get when you see a children playing, or when animals. . .sneeze."