Chapter 165: His Highness Competes

The teacher watched the judges by his side nodding their heads, stood up, and coughed fiercely twice.

Following the sounds of those two dry coughs, the entire arena regained its quietness.

Teacher Ling Li scanned all around. After confirming everyone’s silence, did he speak. “The academy’s finals, Superior Compound versus Inferior Compound, first match, martial qi competition, starts now!”

After he finished speaking, the teacher returned to his original position.

Master Bai felt that he didn’t even need to watch the first match. This was Yuan family’s most outstanding genius. His martial qi’s level was only slightly beneath Murong Chang Feng’s. Even within the entire academy, one may not necessarily find many who could compare with his strength, much less trash from the Inferior Compound.

The match he’s most concerned with was the second one in armaments, and it wasn’t for any other reason except that armaments was unlike the other two matches. During the finals, a written exam was added.

He’s afraid at that time, the duration would be too lengthy and the students over here might lose patience.

It’s easy to understand. The outcome basically was already inevitable, yet they had to use their freetime to compete with this group of people who didn’t even know what armaments were. They were really just wasting their time. They would be better off sleeping a bit more.

Master Bai shook his head, directly put away the purple ceramic teapot in his hand, and started to close his eyes to rest.

The spectators who saw him breathed a lengthy sigh. “Look at how relaxed Master Bai is, he doesn’t even need to give any pointers and just allowed Young Master Yuan to directly go onstage. I reckon this time, there’s no need to think about it, the champion will be the Superior Compound.”

“That’s for sure! In the previous two rounds, the sequence was divination, then martial qi. The Inferior Compound still was able to win, because martial qi was left for last, but it’ll be different in the finals. Once they lose the first round, it’ll be tantamount to losing half of the competition already.”

“That’s right, that person from the Inferior Compound, do you guys have inside information on him? What rank of a martial artist is he, yet so brazen, even already butt heads with Young Master Yuan before.”

“I don’t know any inside information, however, when I looked at the school records last time, he seemed to be earth rank.”

“Ha ha ha, earth rank? Then it’s going to be a tragedy for him. Young Master Yuan won’t be lenient. However, speaking of this, in the preceding two rounds, the Inferior Compound won undefeated. It seems that person hasn’t competed before.”

“Doesn’t matter if he’s come out before, he’s still going to be screwed, don’t forget, that’s Young Master Yuan.”

Everybody’s tongues were wagging, everyone taking delight in someone else’s calamity as they laughed.

Yet when they encountered the figure approaching from behind, they couldn’t help but swallow their saliva.

Baili Jia Jue slowly walked onstage, the outlines of his long robe, the meticulously faceted shoulders, his entire graceful body, tall and straight, standing beneath the golden evening light, so beautiful even the heaven and earth paled in comparison…….

The people nearby automatically made way for him.

In his eyes, it’s as if the many people weren’t there, nor was there the existence of Yuan Ling Xuan. His gaze was as it’s always been, unapproachable, cold and detached, noble, also a trace of something indecipherable.