Blunt intros. Ugh.

Me *reading description*: huh this must be a good book. The descriptions really good. Lemme read this.

Book: Author's note, Cast list, playlist.

Me skipping the playlist: ah ok at least I know what they look like.

And like I'm prepping myself for the first chapter. I take a bite from my pizza, I drink water bc I want clear skin and I have to be hydrated, and I've got this LET'S DO IT attitude.

Ok no I don't do the water part tho. I just scroll to the next chapter.

And then I get hit with this monster.

Hi. My name is Nayley Nordoff. I'm 17 and I have no friends.

I'm sorry what?

That was straight to the point. But wait! There's more.

I live alone with my dad because my mom died five years ago and I've never been that same again. I always sit alone in the back of classroom and think about all the things we used to do together. And my dad abuses me at home.

Well damn. I'm sorry about your mom but like, would you introduce yourself to someone like that?
Really?

Anyway, let's keep going.

I always eat alone at lunch because again, I have no friends . No one likes to talk to me.

Maybe it's because you're not making an effort to make friends?

I came home from another dreadful day of school. As I opened the door, I immediately heard my father yelling. *throw in some random insults* he threw a beer bottle at me. I ducked and immediately ran to my room and then to the bathroom. After my shower I looked at myself in the mirror (for a stupidly long time). My makeup was wiped off and I saw the fading handprint from last night. I looked at my boring straight blond hair and my ugly blue eyes.

First off, you lucky you have straight hair. Second your eyes pretty. All eyes pretty.