(3) Who Needs Drama Class?

| Chapter 3 |

Blake's POV

It felt like hours had passed before the bell for lunch finally went. I was so thankful as the class was dismissed; the snickering and sly comments were really starting to get to me. Ms. Sparks couldn’t help herself giving me disapproving looks from the front of the class, and then I had Jason’s infamous smirk to the side of me.

If that wasn’t enough, he was making me highly paranoid with all the sidelong glances he’d been throwing my way. It would’ve made my life so much easier if he just acted like I didn’t exist in his own little, screwed up world.

I scooped my books into my bag and grabbed Ash by the forearm, dragging her out of the classroom. I knew that she wanted to flirt with Jason- best friends can sense these things- and there was no way in hell I was going to let that happen.

My suspicions were confirmed when Ash immediately started complaining, but I didn’t let go of her until I reached my locker. I put all my bags in there and shut the door with more force that necessary. I wouldn’t need anything for next period; the principal had given us permission to miss class so we could practice our dance routine for the rally next week. I guess that was one of the perks of being captain of the dance team.

“Stay away from him, Ash,” I warned her.

She batted her eyelashes innocently. “Stay away from who?”

“You know who.” I rolled my eyes. “Jason.”

Ash didn’t answer me back and I suddenly lost my vision as everything became black.

“Guess who?” a guy’s familiar voice said. He was covering my eyes with his hands.

“Um, Santa?” I joked, a smile cracking across my face.

I heard his deep chuckle and was finally released. I spun around instantly and was faced with my beautiful boyfriend, Braydon. He tilted my head tilted upwards so that my eyes met with his gorgeous blue ones.

“Very funny, babe,” he said before pulling me in for a kiss.

Our lips met and things quickly got pretty hot and heavy. We hadn’t seen each other all morning, though, so we had a legitimate excuse for such a large amount of PDA. My hands found their way onto his chest and I couldn’t help but appreciate how toned it was, even underneath his football jersey. Braydon was definitely one of those guys: blonde, blue-eyed, tall, muscular, all American and captain of the football team. Basically, I was pretty damn lucky for him to be my boyfriend.

Our kiss was cut short- way too short- when Braydon pulled away from me.

Once I opened my eyes, I realized that he hadn’t pulled away as so much as been pulled away. Behind him stood my idiotic stepbrother, holding onto the back of Braydon’s jersey. And Braydon actually looked a little uncomfortable… that was new.

“What are you doing?” I hissed to Jason through gritted teeth.

He ignored my question completely. “Is this guy bothering you, Blake?”

“For god’s sake, no. Let him go!” I pulled Jason’s grip away from Braydon and put my hands on my hips. “What the hell do you want?” I huffed.

“Hey, hey, don’t get angry with me. I just get a little protective of you, that’s all,” Jason said, smirking at my obvious irritation.

“Who are you to get protective over my girlfriend?” Braydon spoke up suddenly, a possessive arm snaking around my waist and pulling me to his side. He may as well have tattooed ‘Braydon’s girl, hands off’ on my forehead.