A Fishy Dinner

Walking down the road, Johnny still couldn't let what just happened sink in.

"A genie granted my wish. And that genie was a Chihuahua."

Johnny couldn't believe it. I mean, who could walk home normally after having experienced something so peculiar. Something so... out of this world?

Looking at the dollar he immediately realized he had basically turned down a life-changing opportunity in his life.

The thought of going back to his regular life instead of spending the entirety of it in his island with his happy wife and playful children infuriated him.

"I could've gotten more, I could've gotten more!" Johnny's murmuring was audible on his way home.

His stomach's gotten quiet. Probably confused too.

His wife welcomed him home, and he couldn't believe what was for dinner tonight: 

sardines

"I'd even wish for a better dinner in a heartbeat" he said to himself.

But even though he wasn't having it, he greeted his lovely wife with a kiss in the cheek.

His wife is amongst the kind souls left in this planet. Always cheery, though sometimes sarcasm takes over her. But a sarcastic wife's his kind of lady.

"How was your day honey?"

Johnny started to talk, he almost forgot about what happened earlier

almost

"Honey?"

"I could've been in paradise right now..." Johnny told himself.

"You okay honey?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing, it's just that you've been acting stranger than Dr. Strange"

And sometimes his wife is plain eh.

Johnny grinned upon hearing her remark.

"Oh, just troubles from work." He told her.

No words were exchanged after the meal, only their sweet night nights.