sixteen

"Did you turn her?"

"What?" Elijah turned around with a taken aback tone in his voice at the sudden attack he was receiving. He watched as Avery stopped angrily in the middle of the room.

"Don't play dumb with me, Elijah Mikealson. Did you turn her? You had to have, didn't you? Since she's sired to you."

"Not necessarily, darling," he buttoned his suit jacket up as he took a step forward.

"Don't take any steps near me. I don't want you near me right now," She stopped him quickly making his taken aback look become a sadden look. He let out a sigh seeing that she was coping with her hurt by being angry.

"You have a wonderful coping mechanism going on here," he walked over to the window looking outside of it. He could hear the scoffs escaping her lips.

"Stop trying to distract me. How else is she sired to you?"

"Simply because my blood was in her system when she died. My blood is what brought her back and that rare occasion happened known as the sire bond," he let out a deep breath before taking in another breath to speak. "You do realize you're in no position to act big and bad right now, Avery, correct? I could easily hurt you right now."

"You can't hurt me. You won't hurt me. I could kill you, Elijah, with the right weapon I could put you out of you vampire misery."

"You're right .. you could," he turned around and now looked at her. "But would you?"

She didn't speak for a couple of minutes which made Elijah feel confident that he had won this argument. He locked his hands behind his back as he waited for her next question. He knew there was another question in her and he had an idea what it might be.

"Why was your blood in her system? How did she die anyway? Who killed her? Was it intentional that it happened? What happened exactly?"

"One question at a time, love," he put his hands in front of him in a calm down manner. "I guess it was high time you learned the truth," he looked behind him and around and listened in for Niklaus.

"Learned the truth? What are you talking about?"

"Yes, turning her was intentional. It has been planned since Niklaus had taken her. I sought out the perfect opportunity to feed her my blood; however, I was not the one to have killed her to complete the transition," he explained calmly as he noticed her angry face turn even angrier if that were possible. He let out a heavy breath waiting for her outburst.

"Who killed her?"

"Katerina."

Avery about choked on her own spit putting her hand on her chest as if that would fix it. She took in a breath as she looked up at Elijah with an unbelievable look plastered on her face.

"Katerina stabbed her where she knew an artery would bleed out before they could get much help. She knew that Cassidy wouldn't allow Stefan or Damon or even her sister to feed her blood to heal her, so they just thought she was going to die. That's why I fed her when I caught her get hurt. As for the sire bond, that was not suppose to happen, darling."

"Why did you plan it? Why were you with Katherine? You have a past with her, Elijah," Avery looked at him as she felt more anger that he was with Katherine more than turning and being sired to Cassidy.

"I planned it to keep Niklaus from trying to turn more hybrids. To keep him from hurting the poor girl. To keep him from trying to mentally break you to pick between your weaknesses," he explained all in one breath. "I knew about the deal, Avery. You were helping him create hybrids."