twenty-four

I compelled a girl dressed in a slutty devil costume to not scream and continue dancing as I smiled with blood dripping from my chin. She did just that as I tilted her head to the side and threw my fangs into her neck. I felt the blood slide down my throat as it satisfied the hunger in the pit of my stomach.

"Damon, you can't possibly be okay with this. She's my best friend. I'm not okay with this because I know what's happening to her. The Ripper is going to get the best of her, Damon, the longer it's turned off."

I bit at my lip as I danced in a circle throwing my arms up in the air. Damon had taken me somewhere outside of Mystic Falls to a party he had heard of. I wasn't paying attention to the details whatsoever. I was paying attention to the thought of blood and booze.

"She's fine, brother. I have eyes on her and I promise I'm making sure she doesn't get too crazy. Let her have some fun. At least she isn't curled up in a corner locking herself up because Elena died," Damon tried to reassure his brother over the phone as he sat near the bar sipping on some beer. Damon wasn't much of a beer person. More of a bourbon. He watched Cassidy dance around in a circle carelessly and he couldn't help but keep a smile on his face. "She looks happier than she has in a long time."

"I'd rather her be doing the normal thing and grief instead of doing that. I can't believe you, Damon."

I ran my hands through my hair then threw them back up as that song that sang about crashing a car into a bridge and watching something burn. I felt my hands get grabbed making me open my eyes and looking at the owner. I looked into those icy blue eyes with a smile creepy onto my face.

"Having fun?"

"So much!" I shouted over all of the music as I hopped around, spinning in a circle as he held my finger. I heard him chuckle as we moved our arms back and forth dancing to the beat of the music. I rolled my eyes as I noticed a look on his face making me pull my hands away from him. He looked taken aback at my sudden mood change.

"Stefan called you again."

"He's just a little worried but I'm trying to blow him off. I know you're having fun," he goes to grab my hand again but I snatch it away again. I was tired of being here and I sure as hell didn't want to go back to Mystic Falls where his ass was. "What is it, Cassi?"

"I'm tired of being here. Take me somewhere more entertaining that has people. I don't want to go to Mystic Falls with Stefan."

"I got just the perfect place," he smirked as he grabbed my hand, guiding me out of the party.

xXxXx

"Is he even remotely listening to you?"

Stefan let out a deep breath as he looked at the wall angrily across from him not taking in the question that Caroline had just asked him. He was trying to think of ways he could make Cassidy switch her humanity back on. It's been three days since Elena's death and sense Cassidy has switched her humanity off. Funny story, she actually didn't do it whenever Hannabella was trying to make her.

"You're not even listening to me," Caroline noted in frustration as she switched her position to her right leg, crossing her arms over her chest. Stefan broke his gaze from the wall and looked into Caroline's eyes.