Where Are We, Now?

Knock! Knock!

It's about time! Kandi grabbed her favorite Sprayground backpack (the yellow one with danger signs all over it) She rushed down the stairs, careful to land on every third step. On the front stoop, was her best friend. "What took you so long, Cheeto Head?" Kandi always called Derryl some combination of words to describe his bright red hair. Before he could answer, she grabbed his phone and began ordering the Uber. 

"Sooo, you just gonna order the Uber on my account, huh?" Derryl snarked. Kandi smiled and replied, in the most sarcastic tone that she could muster up, "So yOu JST gOnNa OrdER THe uBEr oN MY AcCoUNt?" she mocked him "You know my folks monitor mine. Besides, you got the money. Your dad is a preacher. Preachin' is big business" she said. He looked at his phone. "Hmm, the Uber is only 2 minutes away". They walked to the end of the driveway and waited for the car to arrive. Derryl continued talking. "So, you gonna tell me why we're sneeking off to see a stranger at 8 o'clock in the morning? You better not be getting me killed, Kandi". Kandi just shook her head and smiled. "Here's the Uber" She said.

They jumped in the car and off they went.

Moments later, they pulled up to the old sausage warehouse across town. The Uber driver turned to the kids, a little confused, and asked "Are you sure this is the address?" Kandi wasn't sure, at all. But she said "Yep" and hopped out. Derryl followed her, reluctantly. Out of all of the places that they could've been going, they were at an abandoned SAUSAGE warehouse. 

They entered through the doorway (which was open because the was NO DOOR!) Kandi noticed the look on Derryl's face. He appeared to be thinking "who does this?" Without even asking him his thoughts she said "cmon best friend, stop being wussy". They quietly walked up the stairs. The air smelled like mildew with a hint of rotten eggs. 

The second floor was a little cleaner. As if someone had moved things around a bit. "Crackheads" Derryl said softly. "Definately, Crackheads".  They heard a sound behind the wall in the middle of the room. "Come on in, Love. Don't be afraid" Said a soft voice. They tip toe'd around the wall.... and there in the middle of the room, sitting on an old, dusty sofa (next to a small silver table with a pair of surgical scissors and a long needle) was the old woman. The SAME old woman from the night before. 

"WHAT THE ?!?!" Derryl yelled. As he ran back to the other side of the wall... "KANDI" he tried to whisper yell ( as if he wanted to be heard, but not get killed) "What the hell is going on? And WHY is she holding a SAUSAGE?!"