Maskey and Hoodie

Slenderman walked in the forest normally like he would always do on his daily routes, stalking children and such. He usually stopped at this particular park near an elementary school, to watch and study the humans. On his way back he felt he himself was being watched, he turned sharply and quick to see who would follow such a monster like him, but when he turned around no one was there.

The boy in the oversized beige colored hoodie noticed the tall man watching his school mates one afternoon, he would see this man there everyday for weeks to come. He wanted to ask the formally dressed man why he did such, but always got too nervous to go up to him and ask himself. So the young boy decided to follow him.

Slenderman smelt the human, the young child's fear was way too noticeable for him to not. He proceed to approach the tree the hooded adolescent was hiding behind, but stopped. Slenderman knows hes scared, his job is to make children scared thats just what he did. He turned and teleported away.

The boy in the oversized hoodie waited for a few seconds to turn around and see is the tall man was there. He looked on the ground and found a tree branch, he picked it up and wielded it. He heard a gust of wind and spun around, the man was gone. The boy breathed heavy and started to walk back to the park, he wait for his mom to pick him up and take him home.

'Ahhh, i can't believe i was too shy to approach him,' the boy thought to himself. He laid down under a shady tree next to his favorite swing set he stared up into the clouds and thought, 'why does he watch everyone all the time it's so creepy! Someone need to tell him to knock it off.' He laid under the tree in the snow for about 15 minutes and would think to himself, 'why does he dress up so nicely just to look at people?'

"HEY! Come on, get in!" He heard his mother shout from the car. "Comin'!'" The hooded boy said. Jumping up and grabbing his school bag. He hopped in the back seat and the boys brother shouted from the front, "That's where my sweater has been, you little punk!" "YEA, and it smells nasty JUST LIKE YOU!" the hooded boy shouted. "Sweetie, will you please take off that hood, you look like a little thug." Their mom asked him "Aw, come on mom im in 6th grade now i can do whatever i want with my clothes!" He begged. "You mean MY clothes pipsqueak . . ." The older boy in the front whispered. "Fine, i know its your hoodie i was just borrowing it sheesh it gets cold around this time of year. . ."

When the family got home the oldest son took the car and left to go meet up with some friends, "Why does he always leave?" the boy asked his mom, "well i'm sure over this weekend he'll spend some time with you," she said smiling. "Do you want hot cocoa after i start up a fire?" she asked him kicking some snow away from the front door. "Yea sure," he replied.

The hooded childs' life was unfulfilling, he was unhappy with home life, after his father died, he too felt there was no purpose of living. The hooded boy tried to commit suicide numerous times, but could never pull through with it. All he had left of his Dad is a butterfly knife.

The Slenderman had to confront his stalker, he went about his normal route and followed his scent, he was lead to a old track home. The scent was strong, but it was even stronger in a different direction, so he followed the stronger scent. It was a boy in his late teens, he was at that park with some other male humans. Slenderman studied his actions, and plotted his death. No humans are suppose to know he even exists. He was eager to possess his life. He watched him live and be for a few short hours. He then headed back to his home, as did the teen.

"Ah, your home! why don't you spend some time with that brother of yours?" Their mom suggested. "Oh alright," the oldest son said. He went up to his room and grabbed a small clear tub filled with Lego's and Bionicle's. "Aw for real! You'd actually hang with me?!" The hooded boy asked. "Eh, sure i like Lego's anyway," the older brother smiled playfully.

Slenderman looked through the window at the two humans cheerfully playing building games, the scent is strong and his urge to kill was high, but he refrained. The weekend went by normally, Slenderman stayed at a distance. Slenderman watched his prey move about his normal lifestyle and do activities such as school.

Monday night while the youngest boy was sleeping the older son was talking to his mom, Slenderman thought he was telling her about him, he took this as a threat. But in reality he was just asking to hang out with friends and she denied, his begging made the illusion that he was trying to convince her that the tall man existed. The oldest son stormed off to his room without another word.

Hooded boy's POV: 'woah . . . where am i?' The hooded boy thought as he sat up, he was in the woods across from the park he waited in after school. He looked around, then stood up and reached for something that caught his eye. "its just a piece of paper." The boy said. He touched the wrinkled page nailed to the tree, it had a picture of a stick figure man surrounded by trees and the word 'no,' written all over the page. "What am i suppose to do with this?" He said aloud. He put it in both of his hands and studied it, before he ripped it off the tree. He turned around to be surrounded by black tentacles covering every inch of him, until he screamed awake. He fidgeted around in his bed thinking of ways to protect himself until he remembered his dads butterfly knife. He had left it for him, He slept with it in his hand. Just to be safe. He knew it was wrong but the next day he decided it was best to carry it around with him everywhere, so he did.

The day went by and it was Tuesday evening and the two brothers just got home from school. "Hey wanna hang out at the park?" The oldest brother asked his younger one. "I guess. . . i don't really want to. . ." The hooded boy told him. "Awe c'mon how come?" He questioned. "Uh, i don't know it's just a really stupid, creepy park. . ." The oldest brother was in 'one of those moods where he wouldn't take no for an answer' moods. "But yea i'll go," the brother was ecstatic by his answer. "Awesome! i'll bring the frisbee! Just let grab mom's car keys. Here you take the house key." He said throwing the key on a chain to him. The boy in the over-sized hoodie put the key on around his neck inside his jacket, and they left.

Slenderman knew today was the day he would kill the oldest boy and his mother possibly too. He was thinking she possibly knew about him as well. The two boys got in the car and drove to the park beside Slenderman's woods. They got out of the car and started to pass the frisbee to one another. The hooded brother ran into the woods after the frisbee that was thrown too far, he picked it up and stopped, he stared into the woods that surround him. "C'MON THROW IT!" The hooded boy could hear the his brother yell at him. But he just couldn't stop staring into nothing.

The oldest brother walked over to the younger, he rested his hand on his shoulder, "hey c'mon whats up with you?" He asked. The younger brother just stared deep into the woods. "Oh hey cool!" The oldest brother exclaimed and ran over to what the hooded boy was staring at, "hmm it's a weird drawing i wonder what it means." The oldest brother told him. The hooded boy looked up at what he was looking at and was filled with fear. "NO DON'T TOUCH IT!" The hooded boy yelled furiously at his brother remembering his dream. ". . .Just don't. . ." He begged his brother. "Well why?" He said ripping it down off the tree.

Slenderman appeared from nowhere and attacked the adolescent teen. "WAIT!" The hooded boy screamed running toward the suited man. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" The hooded boy tripped on a tree stump. He looked up in dismay, the tall man killed his brother, by suffocation. Tears in his eyes he stood up and ran toward the tall man. "WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING!" He screamed running up to the man making fists and beating him. He probably didn't do much damage but at least he tried. 'That dream i had, that was MY fate." the hooded boy thought.

"YOU DID THIS!" He screamed at the tall man. The tall man set the lifeless body gently to snow. "HOW COULD YOU! I WAS THE ONE WHO FOLLOWED YOU WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL ME!!" He screamed at him. Slenderman stood up straight and towered over the hooded boy, he had tears in his eyes. Slenderman has never seen a human in such distress like the hooded boy, and with a tentacle he lifted the boy up and looked in his sad face. The hooded boy kicked and struggled to get away from him, fearing he too would be crushed.

'This kid was the one who followed me. . .' Slenderman thought to himself the scent of the boy's brother was on the jacket he is wearing, 'i followed the stronger scent but it was really him,' Slenderman caught his mistake, the hunting instinct to kill overpowered his thoughts. Slenderman saw the struggle in the boy, the fight, the energy, the power. 'i wonder. . .' Slenderman thought, 'how useful a human could be to me.'

The boy kept missing punches and the power to fight was strong, his adrenalin flowing, pumping through his veins. 'The boy was not scared of me like the other children were. . . he was more, determined.' He thought silently to himself. 'what do i do with him, i killed his brother.' Slenderman set the boy down in the snow next to his brothers lifeless corpse. 'He can't hurt me, even if he tried, but i wonder what he would do.' Slenderman thought to himself.

i usually kill teengagers because if they told another human about me and they believed him, id be in trouble, but i usually don't kill children that often unless they are alone or unaware of my presence but this kid knew of me and is really good at taking in his surroundings. i wouldn't be fun to kill him it would just be cruel, and i usually kill to eat. The kid is different somehow.

" . . .WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT BACK! You can kill so easy! Why don't you kill me too! You're AHHH! i don't know what to say! How could you do that!" He yelled over all of his kicking, scratching, and failed punching. i leaned down next to the small child, he had a hate in him like no other, he witnessed his brother's murder he's reaching the level of insanity where theres no turning back, he's driven to hurt me. i haven't spoken to a human before, and i haven't spoken in years. i wonder if my English language is still in tact. What can i say to calm him down, make him . . . sane again. i stared at the boy, i think we're beyond that point, they will tell the humans what happened and he will go crazy, and put the kid in a insane asylum. The humans would look for me, that won't be good. He stopped kicking and attempting to hurt me and he fell to his knees. He looked at the snow, put his hands on his knees and paused, "why did you do that?" He asked me calmly. i stood tall above the hooded boy, but i knelt down beside him and placed my large white hand on top of his shoulder. Then it was my turn to pause, until i finally spoke. "im sorry."

The boy made no physical struggle to move my hand, he heard my deep frightening voice. He slowly turned his up to look at me. "y-you spoke," he chattered in the snow. The boy got up and stood. He stood shorter then me, and i was kneeling. "Why don't you have a face?" The boy asked me, he wasn't afraid of me infact he was curious of me, like he had interest. i was caught off guard by the question. i myself never questioned my own appearance, i don't know how to answer the hooded boys question. "i don't know . . ." i said looking sad into the snow, my head in a downwards position. "Oh, well then why are you wearing a suit?" This boy was very interested in me . . . i just killed his brother and hes asking me about my appearance. "i don't know . . . why do you not run like the other humans?" i asked in return. He stepped back a few feet from me and looked me up and down. He has this confused look on his face, like he was trying to figure me out. "Well, i haven't a clue i guess you look cool to me thats all . . . but i think i know why other people don't like you." i was intrigued by his answer and lifted my head up in interest. "Well, you're dressed very formal and you don't have a face," he said taking a short pause. "People usually can tell if a person is nice or not by the way the look, and since you don't have a face. . .its kind of hard to tell if your good or bad." His answers seemed intelligent, precise i would have never had though a human would be afraid of someone who was formally dressed. He continued, "and also, your REAL-LY tall, you know compared to me." These were true facts about me. i stood up tall out of the snow, "so there are no humans this height?" i asked him, "no. i think you are the only one. . ." he said. i sadly looked down at the snow, "So whats your name?" The hooded boy asked me. i vaguely remember the time i was mentioned in a newspaper article, humans called me all sorts of things, Tallman, Treeman, Slenderman was my most recent, "Uh, humans sometimes call me Slenderman." i replied. "Okay im gunna call you Slender for short though." The boy said looking at his brothers body. "Slender why did you kill my brother," he asked me. i was nervous to reply. i was suppose to kill this boy, but hes not really a threat or target anymore. i feel an emotion inside me, like i feel so bad i did it. "i had too." i told the hooded boy. "He was my ride home. . .and you killed him." The boy replied with tears in his eyes. "im sorry i wish i could fix it. . ." i told him, then a thought came to my mind, he doesn't need to go back! if he did they would send him away, but if he stayed with me no one would hurt him any more then i have.

"The humans, they don't believe in me, they don't think i exist, they will think you killed him." i told him but he shouted back, "WHAT! i could never kill my brother!!" i know it doesn't really matter what he thinks, everyone will know he killed him. . . "think about it, they WILL think its you, you know its not you. . . but they don't." i told him. He can't go back now, it would ruin his life. "im sorry i killed him, but you can't go home now without him. You will be exiled from humans. . ." i told him, "OH SO WHAT DO I DO THEN GO LIVE IN A BOX!?" he said with fear of what would come in the near future, "Well no, you would just stay with me." i told him honestly. He paused, thinking about why he couldn't go back. He knew he couldn't but he was in denial.

"Alright, i'll go . . . but don't kill me." The hooded boy asked me. i wanted to reassure him he wouldn't be harmed in my care. "i will protect you, you will live with me, and you can do assignments with me, maybe a few chores now and again but you will be set." i told him. i will make sure nothing will happen to him. "Alright, but is there sleeping and free food?" He asked making sure, "Of course, you will be my assistant, a Proxy." i told him, he seem confused, sometimes i forget he's only 11. "Whats a Proxy?" He asked curiously. i took a moment to figure out my words, "well, Proxy means something valuable, like you represent something. To me you will represent an assistant, and roommate." i told him. "its getting late, when do you think we should leave? Are you ready to leave it all?" i asked him. The hooded boy turned toward the park, then looked down at his brothers cold, mangled, body. The boy looked up at their car, and back to me. He looked cold like he wanted to get out of the snow. we have been standing in the snow for over 2 hours, he seems like hes trying to let got but can't. "i promise you this," i started, "you have never told me your name, and you don't have to but if one day you would like to come back to the memories, we can. You don't need to forget everything." The hooded boy looked up at me, "Oh yea i forgot to tell you my name. . .i don't deserve one though." i was puzzled by his comment, so i questioned him on it, "what do you mean?" he looked behind me into the forest, and his eyes twitched all around the woods. The sun was setting, and it was quiet back there, but he continued. "If i leave with you everyone will probably think im dead, my name and face won't matter." He had thought of something i hadn't, his face and name. "Well, we will have to cover your face, ive got some fabric back where i live, so you can make a mask! But for that whole name thing you will need to figure out," i was just about to stand up super tall when he said. "Why don't you name me? i am always named by someone, all the names i pick are always stupid anyway, so name me?" He begged innocently. i've never named something before, what would i name him. He does have a beige hoodie on so how about that, Hoodie. i decided to ask him out name him, "Why don't i just call you Hoodie?" He looked up and back at his jacket, "this is my brothers hoodie. . .but i guess that would be alright." The newly named boy said. "Actually it kind of fits me, i wear this sweater a lot," Hoodie said.

I just got a new name, Hoodie. i don't want to remember my old one, i want to forget that life and leave it all behind. i'll go with Slenderman but i don't want to die, i think he will be okay. i feel weird though, like hes my friend somehow, i guess hes comforting to some and scary to most. "i think im ready to leave. . ." i said looking down at my brother. i started crying, Slenderman came over to me and placed a large hand on my shoulder, "i know everything will be alright." He promised me. i stood taller then i had when i started crying and started walking, "Now, where do you live?" i asked him. He stopped and stood above me, "i live a few miles in that general direction." He told me pointing into the woods, he always talks very formal. "Well what are we waiting for lets go. . ." i said trying to run with my legs limited in a foot of snow. i am still crying but i don't think he saw. Slenderman grabbed my hand, i was trying to get my feet unstuck from the snow, and lifted me up. He held me with his tentacles behind him so i could watch where we were walking. "No use running in thick snow." He told me. His tentacles were warm and they looked like thick, black vines. They were coming from his back, "Do you live in a nice house?" i asked him. i am very curious of what kind of a place a tall monster like him would live in. "Yea were almost there give it a days time," he told me. "A DAY?! it takes a day to get to your house!!" i screamed. "But how are you able to get here every school day on time?? i asked him. "Well Hoodie, i posses the ability to teleport," i can teleport here and there in an instant." i was impressed by his gift. "Well can't you poof us there?" i asked him. "No its not that easy Hoodie, i can only 'poof' myself." He told me.

After a few hours i began to get sleepy, then i remember something remarkable. i felt my dad's butterfly knife in my pocket, my moms house key around my neck, and i wore my brothers hoodie. i will never see my mom again, she will probably think i killed my brother. . .its for the best if she never sees me again, she wouldn't believe me, shes would think im a killer. Well if i wanted to go home im sure in a few years i can, i have the key. i started to cry, these items were representing my family, i don't even have a picture to remember them by. Just the memories. i began to cry, i can't go back this is for the best, to go off with a stranger who killed my brother. . .i guess even if he did kill me its for the best.

~~~Slenderman's POV~~~
The items Hoodie held were clearly important to him, he started crying, i know he will cherish them for a long time. i wonder when he will get comfortable with the living situation when we get to the mansion. im surprised he hasn't been getting sick around me, after a while when i approach humans they get sick and cough or spit blood. i think hes too young to get it, most of my older victims get it, children usually don't.
~~~

We got to the house after a night of walking in the snow, i was cold and Slenderman looked tired, but not so much. it wasn't much of a house, it was more like a mansion. it was very empty inside, very dark and secluded from the public. There were no roads that lead to it either, and when we went inside the front door were a little bit damaged, but we could still manage to get in and lock it. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the wooden floors were cracked and damaged, "Go look around and make yourself at home, for this is now." Slender told me. i began to walk on the ground level into the rooms, a lot of which had doors that were just laying next to the door frame because they were broken off their hinges.

i walk into this room, it was small there was one slightly medium-sized, placed perfectly in the middle of the wall with dark red curtains covering it slightly. There was a mattress with dark sheets and a thick quilt thrown and place awkwardly on the bed. The bed was place on a box-frame and sat on the floor. This is my new room.

~~~ 5 years later~~~

Today i watched Slenderman bring in a few kills, his normal amount for the week. i sat on the couch reading a paper. i notice the date to the paper, my birthday was a few days ago, i turned 16. i got up off the couch and followed him to the basement where he kept bodies neatly stored. "Hey, haven't talked to you in a while," i laughed over my coughing. "Yes, it has been long since we've had a conversation Hoodie." He replied placing one body on top of another. i have taken to the name Hoodie quite well, my old name reminds me too much about me. . . *cough cough* "You know Hoodie, you've had that cough for a while now . . . maybe you should see one of those doctors." i guess he's right but i haven't been to a doctor in years i don't have any insurance to see one, i don't have a human guardian to take me either. *Coughing* "Your funny Slender, but did you know it was my birthday a few days ago?" i asked him, he dropped the body and looked up from where i was sitting on the staircase. "Really? Hmm, i did not know. How old are you now." "16," i answered. "Happy 16th birthday Hoodie." He told me. "Thanks, i think im going to go for a walk in a bit." i told him smiling. "Alright, just be careful."

'screw walking i want to go to town i know there is one near by here, maybe i'll walk there.' i thought as i headed to my room. i got out some scissors and started cutting holes in this big black beanie one of Slenderman's victims had on,i cut a frown smile in it, then i cut those shapes out of my red curtain and sewd them to it. it looked really cool, so i wore it for my walk. This is good, no one will know what i look like now. i pulled the Beanie down over my face and put my hood on like usual.

i walked for about 5 miles through the forest and came across a small town. i saw a man about 20 went in and out of this 'Doctors Office" when got out he had a small orange bottle filled with pills to the top, he stopped at the curb before crossing the street to his car, took about 5 of them out and ate them dry. He had a cough just like mine. i was about to start walking toward the doctors office when Slenderman appeared behind me and pulled me down on my knees where i was. "Ugh, what now." i asked him. "Do not follow him, that is Tim." he looked down at me saying. "Tim is interesting, he has what you have, that cough that you have. i have been stalking him for a while and been very caught up with his friends, Hes 20, he seems to have the same similar interest with me, as you do." He told me. "His friends hate me, Tim hates me and they all want me gone." he said. "i think you are alright," i told him coughing quietly. "Hehe sure you do." He said 'laughing.'

Slenderman barely held emotion but he managed to make me consider him as a friend. We both followed this Tim guy for a while, Slenderman got this weird looking mask and left it around Tim's house, from time to time again he would put it on and change his personality, we would hang out and i named him Masky, we would do all kinds of crazy stuff together. i don't know where Slenderman got this mask but when Tim puts in on hes Masky and when he takes it off and hes Tim, he doesn't remember anything he does when hes Masky. This way, he doesn't know his own name so when he takes the mask off, he's Tim again.

We would do this every so often until i turned 17, then his friends started hating his 'other personality.' His friends ex-friend Alex, is trying to kill me, Tim, and this other guy named Jay who always has a camera. i've begun to follow Alex, and sleeping in this run down hospital, i started carrying around a gun too. its been like this for a while and i don't exactly know where Slender is going with this, but i've been alone in that house so long that its been getting kind of fun to play with these guys. i barely talk anymore, i've been breaking into Masky's house and stealing his pills. They help with the coughing, headaches, and little seizures i've been having. I can't exactly tell what side i'm on any more. i want to help Tim and Jay with Alex and Slenderman, but Slenderman is my friend in a way, he took me in as one of his own.
i don't know what battle to fight i'm in the middle again, just like with my brother, do i stay? Or do i go?

~~~A year later~~~

its been a year and im still going with this whole 'Marble Hornets' crowd, Slenderman has plenty of Proxies living with us now, i don't really talk to any of them though. i feel weird around them. Jeff is somewhat new he came to us a few months ago, just wandering around killing everyone. BEN, came in after Smile.jpg, and there are a lot more. i guess its kind of nice to be around people who are similar to you. i stay in my room most of the time though, usually watching some of the YouTube videos Slendy got in, they are funny because he doesn't want to kill ALL of them just a few select people. Everyone i live with is known on the Internet as CreepyPasta, i'm in there too, no one really knows my story though so its kind of fine to me, but people like Jeff and BEN get written about a TON. i'm in a few of Jay's video's which is probably why people know me.
i just sit back in my chair and read. i still hold my knife with me and wear my key at all times, since that day i've held on to all of these things, including my brother's hoodie which i wear at all times along with my mask. Hanging out in my room alone, is just a normal day