[6] - What Does It Mean To Be Alone?

stranger | female lead

*

"What does it mean to be alone?"

"People have their own opinions."

"What's your opinion?"

"Why?"

"Because. I answered your questions, now it's only fair you answer this one."

"Fine."

"Being alone means..."

"...no one is willing to stand by you. They don't care enough to wonder if you're ok, or how life is treating you. It sucks, because as soon as you realize this, being alone becomes even more lonely."

"Ok..."

"Are you alone, Stranger?"

"Well—um..."

"Remember how I spilled my guts out to you? You can talk to me."

"Yeah, I-I am."

"..."

"I just... I wish things were different. You can't force people to care or to stay, no matter how much it hurts. And the worst part about it is that, anyone can cause you to feel alone..even your own parents."

"That sucks..."

"That's not even the worst part. They've never been in my life. Always on business meetings or out somewhere so they didn't have to see me. Six to seven days out of the week I'd have a baby sitter but when I got to a certain age, no one came. I was left to fend for myself. They still sent me money for food and school shit but—they were never there!"

"Yeah, I can understand..."

"Were you alone too?"

"..."

"Still am?"

"Is it wrong to feel like that?"

"Of course not."

"But if you feel like that, why are you with him?"

"Because I...I loved him. He wasn't always like this."

"What changed?"

"His brother was killed in action four months ago. That's when I started to notice his change in demeanor. Cold, almost void of reality...void of the person he once was. I tried to help—to comfort him, but nothing worked. Before, we use to go on dates every week and he actually cared. Part of me is hoping that the old him will come back with time. It's only been four months..."

"I get that. But being broken hearted shouldn't be any reason to put his hands on—"

"He is NOT like that."

"There was this one time I was in a relationship with a girl and she was perfect. Cute, funny, outgoing, and had the biggest smile. But she changed, for reasons I'm not going to explain. It became abusive and part of me hoped that her old self would come back, just as you are hoping, but they can't change. Without actual help, he's not going to get better. It'll only get worse."

"He will. HE WILL. I can help him...I just need time."

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Maybe not, but I have hope."

*
Heya! This wasn't too shabby of a chap.

Overview:
• Our male MC is alone in a world full of people, was in an abusive relationship, and is trying to warn Alex before things get bad but she's being stubborn.

QUESTIONS TO THINK ABOUT:
• Will Alex's stubbornness lead to a world full of hurt?
• Do you think Declan would go as far as hurting her? Has he already?
• Can Declan come back from this void?

Thanks for reading, don't forget to:

<<< Comment what you think (answer the questions if you want) >>>
<<< Vote if you liked this chapter >>>
<<< Share with your friends >>>
<<< And follow me for more updates >>>

Til next time

❤️