13.

"Rowan." Rhea cooed as he cried in her arms. "Come on buddy, sleep." She coaxed.

Rhea sat on the sofa, a five week old Rowan in her arms as he cried louder.

"You don't need a feed, you've had a bath, a fresh nappy, you're warm enough, so what's wrong, little one?" She was on the edge of tears.

Rhea held Rowan upright as she patted his back. "Is it gas?"

Rowan let out a burp and instantly settled. Letting out a sigh in relief, Rhea tried rocking him back to sleep.

Once she placed Rowan in the bassinet, she wanted to scream. She had a week left in holidays then back to work. Rowan wasn't sleeping properly, only having ten minute naps.

Instead of going for a much needed shower, Rhea curled up against the bathroom door and cried. "You bastard." She whispered to herself. "How dare you do this to me when I've done nothing wrong!"

It wasn't that Rhea was still angry with Ryder because she was, it was the fact that she was alone, doing this alone.

Now
I pushed Ryder off me as I got up and fixed my clothing as I rushed to the front door, tying up my gown.

I opened it and dropped to my knees as Rowan jumped on me. "Momma! I miss you."

"I missed you too baby." I said to him as I kissed his head. "Were you a good boy?"

Rowan nodded his head and turned to Sasha. "Thank you."

I looked at my friend. "Thank you." I smiled but I noticed her eyes went behind me.

"Did you have a date last night?" I saw the mischief in her eyes.

I shook my head. "No."

"Whose that?" She whispered to me. I looked behind me then to Sasha as I rolled my eyes.

"That is Rowan's father."

"His father? Wait, back up, girl."

"Lunch tomorrow. I promise."

Sasha grinned at me. "You better! I want to know everything!" I said goodbye to Sasha and waved to her family in the car before going inside.

I heard Rowan down the hall. "Look, Ryder. My new toy!"

My eyes went wide as Rowan came to me, showing his new car off. I saw Ryder's frown behind him as I knelt down to my son.

"Rowan. You can't call him Ryder." I told Rowan as I pointed to Ryder.

"Why?" Rowan asked, a frown on his face. The same frown Ryder had on seconds ago.

"You call him dad. That is dad."

"Dad." Rowan repeated, rolling the word on his tongue. "My dad?"

I smiled again and nodded. Rowan's face lit up. "I have a dad?" He turned to Ryder and took his hand. "Dad." He said again.

Ryder looked at Rowan to me. "Thank you." He said as he followed Rowan.

I sighed as I went to my room and locked the door, to get dressed. I didn't want any interruptions while I got changed.

I left my room and went for the kitchen, pulling out a bottle of juice and poured myself a glass as I could hear the noises down the hall of Rowan playing.

Ryder joined me a few minutes later, holding a folder. "I went to your room, thinking you were there and I saw these." He told me, putting the folder on the bench.