epilogue

"Wake up."

"Hit him again."

"Wake up."

"Again."

"Waaaaake uuuup."

"Is he alive?"

Her hand comes down on his cheek, loud and fast, and "Wake up!" she screams.

Harry's eyes shoot open in an instant.

And he's nearly falling off the bed, "What? I'm up! I'm up!" he grasps at the blanket on both sides of him, out of breath and panicked, and to say that Louis is amused would be an understatement.

He's in hysterics.

"You're right, Dais," Louis manages through a shaky breath, falling onto his haunches at the side of the bed, "This is more fun when you're the one doing the screaming."

Because, as Daisy and Phoebe scream "Mr. Harry!" in unison, opting to rush the bed itself, all Louis can do is watch and laugh.

Harry blinks away the sleep, "Wait, hold on!" and struggles to stay afloat as the twins climb over him, tossing pillows at each other and tittering manically, "No one's hurt? Nothing's broken?" he gasps.

The twins don't seem to hear him. Instead, "Pillow fight!" is what Daisy goes for, hurtling a pillow toward Harry's chest.

It misses entirely, landing squarely at Louis' feet. "Oh, yeah?" Harry shouts challengingly, lunging for the pillow when his eyes land on Louis. He stops, his face golden in the early morning sunlight.

Louis stares at him. He stares back.

Then, "Go get 'em." Louis whispers, scooping up the pillow and tossing it his way. He's over pillow fights, anyway.

Harry grins the second Louis does, clutching the pillowcase in his fingers. He sits up fully when Phoebe releases something just short of a battle cry, turning back toward Louis momentarily.

"Tell me again why I asked to come back here?" He exhales pitifully.

Louis barely hears him over the roar of his little sisters. Shrugging, Louis likes to let Harry think it was his idea. He doesn't mention the call he received from his mum's mobile a week after Easter break started, consisting of nothing but four unintelligible high-pitched voices, screaming about holiday and visiting and Mr. Harry.

Harry asked to take the train down before Louis even brought it up. Funny how that works.

"Attack!" Daisy shouts excitedly, tearing Harry's attention away from Louis. She's jumping up and down on the mattress in time with her sister, and Harry wastes no time in springing to his knees.

The fight begins.

And Louis leans back on his palms, playing fond audience to a chorus of giggling and shouting, egging on the girls and ignoring Harry's pleas for help.

That, until a stray pillow clips his head.

All three sets of eyes turn his way in an instant. Daisy and Phoebe cover their mouths. Harry's eyes widen.

"Oops..."

But Louis' already grabbed the pillow.

It's on.

"Thirteen?"

"Nope, Phoebe's turn."

"....four."

"Nope, again. Back to you."

"Seven!"